[CRL] The One Milestone At A Time Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, March 15, 2023, 08:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Whereas, every Talossan goes through meaningful milestones over the course of their lives, and

Whereas, it is a reasonable prerogative of the Kingdom to participate in celebrating the most meaningful of these milestones, and

Whereas, the longevity of each citizen's membership in the Kingdom is one of the most meaningful of milestones for each Talossan.

Therefore, be it enacted, that a new section of Title D of El Lexhatx (2.1.2) shall be added as follows:

D 2.1.2: Each citizen meeting specific time thresholds as a Talossan citizen, may request a certificate, signed by the Crown and the Seneschal. The citizenship milestones are 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, and 50 years.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Seneschal)
Baron Alexandreu Davinescu (Distain)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

" is added under D.1 The Government in El Lexhatx reading as follows:" could maybe be "shall be added as subsection 1.6 of Title D of el Lexhatx, reading as follows:"
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 15, 2023, 08:23:13 PM" is added under D.1 The Government in El Lexhatx reading as follows:" could maybe be "shall be added as subsection 1.6 of Title D of el Lexhatx, reading as follows:"

Thanks Baron. Change made.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

So the way this reads to me, and I'm not sure this is the intention, is that the anniversaries are: 5, 10, and 35 (which is 25 years thereafter [which means "after that time"]).  You might just want to trim this down and lead with something like

"Each citizen, upon being a citizen for 5, 10, 25, or 50 years" may request a certificate...."

Honestly, I think the bill SHOULD top out at 25 or 50, because if you're a citizen passing milestones beyond those... the Ziu and King really ought to be passing special legislation for you.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu on March 18, 2023, 08:27:17 AMSo the way this reads to me, and I'm not sure this is the intention, is that the anniversaries are: 5, 10, and 35 (which is 25 years thereafter [which means "after that time"]).  You might just want to trim this down and lead with something like

"Each citizen, upon being a citizen for 5, 10, 25, or 50 years" may request a certificate...."

Honestly, I think the bill SHOULD top out at 25 or 50, because if you're a citizen passing milestones beyond those... the Ziu and King really ought to be passing special legislation for you.

Excellent suggestions. I've made the changes.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I approve this bill; I apologize for not being clear in that.  @Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu ?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Oh yes!  In altered form, approve.  Clark it.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito