[CRL] National Skills and Social Connections Survey Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, April 26, 2023, 11:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

National Skills and Social Connections Survey Act

Whereas, the TNC pledged during the recent campaign to create a citizen skills inventory which will be used as a part of the Service Corps Initiative in compiling a voluntary knowledge base of those possessing useful professional skills in potential government service for use by incoming administrations in search of technocratic talent, and

Whereas, as a part of this effort it is planned to introduce optional questions to the upcoming National Census, and

Whereas, the relevant section of El Lexhatx C.1.2.2.2 is as follows: "Other questions on the Talossan Census shall be identical to the questions on the last census. These questions may be changed by the Chancery, either of its own volition or on request from the Seneschal, but any changes shall be approved by the Ziu, without needing to go through committee. These questions will be marked as optional, and at no time shall a citizen be forced or required to respond to an optional question.", and

Whereas, the Chancery has recently articulated an interpretation of existing privacy laws which allow for government use of the National Census for this effort.

Therefore, the Office of the Seneschal submits this request to the Chancery to include the following additional questions on the next census and submits same to the Ziu for approval:

QuoteNational Skills and Social Connections Survey. The Government of Talossa presents the survey below as a part of its effort to build a voluntary inventory of citizen skills.  This will give the current and future governments a way to conduct an orderly and knowledgeable search for people with the needed skills and a preexisting desire to serve. The survey also includes optional areas to make miscellaneous interests and/or hobbies known in an effort to foster social connections between citizens.

I possess the following skill(s) available for occassional and voluntary use in service to the Kingdom (Please check all that apply):

Website Maintenance
IT/Database Administration
Writing/Public Communications
Social Media Management
Accounting/Finance
Translation
Other

I am interested in connecting with other Talossans around the following shared interest(s) (Please check all that apply):

Online Gaming
Writing/Literature
Conlangs (Constructed Languages)
Archery
Heraldry
Politics
Religion/Spirituality
Music
Timebanking
Other

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Seneschal)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

No issues with this, although the text of Lex.C.1.2.2.2 seems to suggest our opinion is not necessary.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Looks solid to me, though I think Luc might be correct.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito