Sense of the Ziu: Homosexuality is not a Crime

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, March 22, 2023, 06:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Whereas, Uganda has just passed a law stating that "a person who commits the offence of aggravated homosexuality and is liable, on conviction to suffer death, making homosexual acts punishable by the death penalty or life imprisonment," and

Whereas, this law represents another step backwards for the rights of LGBTQ people in Uganda and across the African continent, and

Whereas, this law is an escalated and egregious attack on the lives and liberty of LGBTQ Ugandans, and

Whereas, Talossans as free people and lovers of freedom, owe our witness and our voices, to those yet to be blessed with such freedoms.

Therefore, be it the Sense of the Ziu, to express its condemnation of the Ugandan Parliament's passing of the Anti-Homosexuality Bill and of the bill itself.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I don't think a Sense bill can actually direct anyone to do anything, like you have happening in the last clause. I'd suggest just getting rid of that, and then -- in your capacity as our nation's leader -- directing the MinFor to send Uganda a certified letter or something.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 22, 2023, 08:05:47 AMI don't think a Sense bill can actually direct anyone to do anything, like you have happening in the last clause. I'd suggest just getting rid of that, and then -- in your capacity as our nation's leader -- directing the MinFor to send Uganda a certified letter or something.

Thanks Baron. I like the sound of that. @Bråneu Excelsio So directed, but I will coordinate with you in the Cabinet Room.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight