[TERPELAZIUN] Ministreu dels Afaes Utphätseschti - (2023/03/18)

Started by Üc R. Tärfă, March 18, 2023, 03:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h, me alçéu à terpelar el þon. Ministreu dels Afaes Utphätseschti.

Tandi qe
  • in the Budget bill submitted in the Hopper the Ministreu dal Finançù is proposing to appropriate 66¤40 ($100 USD) to the Bureau for Humanitarian Aid and International Development; and
  • the Distain, replying to my observation on the fact that in the Budget he is asking the Ziu to appropriate funds to BHAID without knowing to what cause they will be donated, said that «A dollar the first week is worth ten a month late»; and
  • in a now lost post in the Hopper before the first data loss, the Distain said that the Ministreu had some ideas - if I recollect that correctly - on how to set up a permanent mechanism to allow BHAID to donate to disaster relief;

terpeléu el Ministreu per säpar

• which are those ideas;
  • if the Ministreu is aware that in the immediate aftermath of a disaster, BHAID can donate «in the first week» according with Lexh.D.2.6.6.3.1 only money «contributed by private parties» because they don't require the approval of the Ziu, while the 66¤40 ($100 USD) appropriated by the Budget are under the requirement of a 14 day in advance disbursement notice prior to be donated;
  • if the Ministreu agrees with me that, in light of the above, the better way to have BHAID able to help in a disaster relief «in the first week» is to use money not appropriated by the Budget;
  • in light of the above, how the 66¤40 ($100 USD) appropriated by the Budget will be used;
  • if, when, and how the Ministreu intends to organise a drive for donations from private parties to BHAID;
  • how much money is currently in the BHAID's possession, where it came from and where this money is currently kept.

Méirci, smestéu el tarleu.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Bråneu Excelsio

Thank you for your questions!

QuoteIn a now lost post in the Hopper before the first data loss, the Distain said that the Ministreu had some ideas - if I recollect that correctly - on how to set up a permanent mechanism to allow BHAID to donate to disaster reflief [...] 1. which are those ideas[?]

I'm afraid a specific plan was not proposed at that time but I can inform the MC that this issue is something that will be discussed within the Cabinet in the near future!

Regarding the budget, there aren't any BHAID accounts and there are no plans to create one in the near future, but rest assured that any information regarding donations will be made in a public manner by myself.

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h,

I'll thank the Ministreu for his frank reply, I understand that there aren't any ideas at the moment regarding BHAID, and I appreciate that meanwhile in the Budget bill the sum appropriated has been reduced, however I'd like to have a more analytical reply from the Ministreu to my original questions. I believe that (1) and (6) were replied, (4) maybe but definetly (2) and (3) weren't and (4) was linked to them and neither (5): I might guess the answers in the general "we haven't really thought about BHAID" tone of the reply but that wasn't clearly stated.

I therefore respectfully ask the Ministreu replies to (2), (3), (4) and (5) above.

(Just to be clear S.reuTúischac'h, I don't think these to be true SUPPLEMENTAL questions, but if that is needed for a reply than so be it.)

Méirci, smestéu el tarleu.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote2. if the Ministreu is aware that in the immediate aftermath of a disaster, BHAID can donate «in the first week» according with Lexh.D.2.6.6.3.1 only money «contributed by private parties» because they don't require the approval of the Ziu, while the 66¤40 ($100 USD) appropriated by the Budget are under the requirement of a 14 day in advance disbursement notice prior to be donated;

Yes, I'm aware!

Quote3. if the Ministreu agrees with me that, in light of the above, the better way to have BHAID able to help in a disaster relief «in the first week» is to use money not appropriated by the Budget;

Depending on the Aid we aim to do. But absolutely, money contributed by private parties will be better in case of  emergencies. On the other hand, BHAID budget can be send to ongoing situations, charities and/or movements.

Quote4:in light of the above, how the 66¤40 ($100 USD) appropriated by the Budget will be used;

There are no plans to use the $50USD yet.

Quote5. if, when, and how the Ministreu intends to organise a drive for donations from private parties to BHAID;
how much money is currently in the BHAID's possession, where it came from and where this money is currently kept.

The first drive for Donations will occur in the month of May. Great things happen in May. More information on this donation drive will be made publicly by myself in a couple of weeks.

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h, ingrascheléu el þon. Ministreu per sieux respunsen.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ