[CRL] The Second Talossan Government Transparency Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, March 20, 2023, 09:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Whereas, government transparency is important to the maintenance of a relationship of trust, confidence, and respect between the governor and the governed, and

Whereas, this mutual relationship is a vital component for the maintenance of Talossa's free and open society, and

Whereas, the automated transmittal of non-confidential internal government communications to the Royal Archives upholds the current Government's pledge of transparency.

Be it enacted by the King, Cosa and Sënats in Ziu assembled that a new subsection is added to El Lexhatx D.8 to read as follows:

Quote8.9 Automated Governmental Information Transmittal

8.9.1 All internal government communications on Government-owned fora shall be transmitted to the Royal Archives as soon as feasibly possible after the conclusion of that Government's term of office.

8.9.2 These transmittals shall be released to the public by the Royal Archives seven (7) years after the conclusion of that Government's term of office.

8.9.3 No communications containing protected information covered by El Lexhatx sections D. 8.2, D. 8.3, and D. 8.4 shall be included in the transmittals.

Furthermore,

The transmittal scheme shall begin with the internal government records of the Tzaracomprada Cabinet (58th Cosa).

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Seneschal)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

I think there's a problem here in getting this bill to do what you want it to do, and that is there is no method spelled out for doing this.  What does it mean to be "released to the Royal archives?"  Would it be sufficient to give whomever is the archivist access to the same forum?  And is the royal archivist then required to publicly publish the same?

Also, 10 years is a dog's age in Talossa.  That's not transparency.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu on March 22, 2023, 06:24:48 PMI think there's a problem here in getting this bill to do what you want it to do, and that is there is no method spelled out for doing this.  What does it mean to be "released to the Royal archives?"  Would it be sufficient to give whomever is the archivist access to the same forum?  And is the royal archivist then required to publicly publish the same?

Also, 10 years is a dog's age in Talossa.  That's not transparency.

It is transparency but not on a timeline you view as preferable. This act is intended to mandate automated transmittal of internal government communications on a Government-owned fora but why would we need to detail the process itself statutorily?

Maybe I should specify the Royal "Archivist" but I assumed that was implied since it is not an expansive institution. Of course that could change in the future.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

The bill is fine.  Not everything needs to be specifically spelled-out, in my opinion.  The term does not reflect on whether or not the bill is sound in function and design, as pertains to this committee.  I vote to approve.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu on March 24, 2023, 05:25:08 PMSo the bill is meaningless.  Got it.

Approve.

I re-read your comments and made changes to the bill. Reduction in the timespan for public release and clarification that transmittal TO the Archives (hopefully in a way similar to how Luc handled it previously) is immediate but public release FROM the Archives would happen later.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight