[Treasury] Talossan status a legal entity

Started by xpb, March 21, 2023, 09:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

Moving discussion of the status of Talossa as a legal entity here.

The laissez-faire approach to finances is an impediment to the proper functioning of the Kingdom, which rears its ugly head from time to time.

Some method to organize will assist the Treasury in operations and occasional transition.

One way would be to become a fund within a non-profit organization of some type, and another may be to form our own non-profit organization.

In either case Talossa then could reference an Employer Identification Number (EIN) - not that Talossa would have employees, but that designation would be needed under US corporation and taxation laws such that individuals would not be the holders of the Talossan Treasury, but would be identified as officers with access that may change from time to time.  Such an entity would have a registered agent who would need to report yearly on the corporate status, and to receive various government communications.

King John

FWIW, I'd be glad to be the registered agent, for purposes of dealing with the United States, so long as I don't have to handle any of the money.  :-)

-- John R

xpb

Quote from: King John on March 21, 2023, 09:26:22 AMFWIW, I'd be glad to be the registered agent, for purposes of dealing with the United States, so long as I don't have to handle any of the money.  :-)

-- John R

Thank you, your Majesty
I shall endeavor to collect information for consideration of the government.

xpb

xpb