The Organizing Our Finances Act

Started by Tric'hard Lenxheir, March 22, 2023, 08:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: xpb on April 03, 2023, 10:39:32 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 02, 2023, 05:19:01 PMxpb With respect to the 501c7 you have presented a good framework for action. I am happy to assist with setup costs as well.

Thanks - what we will need initially will be a minimum of 3 directors.  That could be King, Burgermeister, and MinFin with the King as the registered agent, or could be Burgermeister and two others, such as Seneschal and shadow Seneschal or some other mix, with the King remaining as the registered agent.  These directors can change from time to time, such as after a Cosa election, or whenever the Kingdom would see fit.  The number of directors can expand or contract such that there are at least 3 at any given time.

It appears that as long as at least one Director is a USA citizen, along with the registered agent (both are currently the proposed case) then other directors could be of any nationality.  There can be more than 3 directors, all of whom would need to publish their physical address in the filings.  The postal mailing address for the proposed entity will be Post Office Box 3037, High Mar Station, Boulder, CO 80307-3037 USA which my family has held since 1960 when that Post Office opened.  I would likely list +1 303-442-5538 as a phone number as that has been held since 1960 as well but is now directed linked to a mobile phone.  The mailing address and phone number may also be updated periodically as needed by the organizaiton.

This looks like a good plan. As Üc suggested, maybe have at least two of the three being from the civil service for stability and as apolitical influences. A smaller proportion from the more frequently changing cabinet of the day. Outside of the finance reform bill is there anything I can assist with in helping to bring this to fruition, Mr. Burgermeister?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

xpb

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfă on April 04, 2023, 04:03:54 AMI hope I am not misunderstood: I very much appreciate the study and information that the Bugermeister is sharing, and I agree with them "in principle". However, I would like to emphasise that, from my point of view, this exposition is not yet definable as an action plan but rather as ideas and suggestions of a possible way forward (for exemple I'd be more inclined to have only more "permanent" civil officers on the board and not more frequently changing political members of the government, King, Burgermeister & SoS for example). May I suggest that a bipartisan Royal Commission (Burgermeister + one member of the majority (I guess the FinMin will be the one) and one member of the opposition) be set up to study the path in depth, starting from the Burgermeister already exposed framewok, and draw up detailed proposals/pathway/implementation suggestions to be submitted to the Ziu for consideration and implementation (Lexh.H.5.)?

On the financial reform, I'll officially submit my proposal as a draft, I haven't received any comment on it except from the Burgermeister, with the change proposed by the Burgemeister framed in this way: until such a time when an organisation will be set up, the money will be temporarily held by...). That section, which needs to describe the current situation, will be later modified accordingly by the implementing acts adopted by the Ziu based on the plan drawn up by the Royal Commission. The bill could also be the vehicle to set up the Commission (FURTHERMORE etc etc)

We can certainly continue on for some time in the current fashion, but in this the 44th year it would appear best to eventually (prior to Independence day, better yet prior to Q4) get this resolved to a more sustainable form.

Üc R. Tärfă

I agree with you on the desired timetable if we are able to properly address everything.

I'll more properly post the draft bill then with the change you proposed, and I'm still open to Sen. Lenxheir and anyone else as we previously agreed.

Does the Seneschal also agree with me on how openly address, work and set a path forward on "incorporating"?
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfă on April 05, 2023, 12:35:28 PMI agree with you on the desired timetable if we are able to properly address everything.

I'll more properly post the draft bill then with the change you proposed, and I'm still open to Sen. Lenxheir and anyone else as we previously agreed.

Does the Seneschal also agree with me on how openly address, work and set a path forward on "incorporating"?

I agree with the Burgermeister's (apolitical member of the Civil Service) previous statement this should be resolved in the near future. This ongoing discussion is a part of an open process.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 05, 2023, 12:46:15 PMThis ongoing discussion is a part of an open process.

This in an ongoing discussion, not a process.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfă on April 06, 2023, 11:43:10 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 05, 2023, 12:46:15 PMThis ongoing discussion is a part of an open process.

This in an ongoing discussion, not a process.

An open and ongoing discussion about process. I appreciate your participation too.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

xpb

In the US, the current time period for submission of income tax forms will conclude a week from today. Typically that is 15 April, but as that is on a Saturday, it is pushed out, and because April 17 is an observed holiday of Emancipation Day in Washington, District of Columbia, the date this year is the 18th.  I will endeavor to start modeling a US non-profit tax compliant entity after that time for consideration by MinFin and then subsequent government discussion.

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: xpb on April 11, 2023, 08:10:02 AMI will endeavor to start modeling a US non-profit tax compliant entity after that time for consideration by MinFin and then subsequent government discussion.

May I ask the Minisitreu if the Ziu is going to be informed and receive a copy of this model as soon as it will be delivered to his Minisitrà for consideration? The Seneschal just labeled this an "open discussion" and "open process" surely the Ministreu doesn't want this to be a closed government discussion, right?
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

xpb

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfă on April 11, 2023, 12:30:45 PM
Quote from: xpb on April 11, 2023, 08:10:02 AMI will endeavor to start modeling a US non-profit tax compliant entity after that time for consideration by MinFin and then subsequent government discussion.

May I ask the Minisitreu if the Ziu is going to be informed and receive a copy of this model as soon as it will be delivered to his Minisitrà for consideration? The Seneschal just labeled this an "open discussion" and "open process" surely the Ministreu doesn't want this to be a closed government discussion, right?

My basic outline has already been stated in this thread in various places.  The primary discussion will be the number of directors, but as long as there are at least 3 then it could begin and add more directors at later dates, etc.  I will generate a mockup formation after tax day.

xpb

Quote from: xpb on April 11, 2023, 04:10:51 PM
Quote from: Üc R. Tärfă on April 11, 2023, 12:30:45 PM

My basic outline has already been stated in this thread in various places.  The primary discussion will be the number of directors, but as long as there are at least 3 then it could begin and add more directors at later dates, etc.  I will generate a mockup formation after tax day.

Some general information about 501(c)7 entities https://donorbox.org/nonprofit-blog/start-a-501c7