[CRL] The Second Catchment Area Reform Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, March 25, 2023, 08:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

WHEREAS, at present, the catchment areas of provinces in Talossa are confusing and incongruous; and

WHEREAS while a balanced intake of immigrants, geographical contiguity and common cultural roots may very well be impossible to achieve all at the same time, this is still a step in the right direction to achieve just that.

THEREFORE the Ziu hereby amends El Lexhatx Section E, Article 7 as detailed below.

Article 7.4 which currently reads:

Quote7.4. ATATÜRK PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Atatürk Province: All suburbs of Milwaukee within Milwaukee County, which lie to the north and east of the City of Milwaukee; the Wisconsin Counties of Washington, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, Calumet, Manitowoc, Kewaunee, and Door; and the U.S. states of Massachussetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont, and the Canadian provinces of Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland & Labrador and Nova Scotia. Overseas, the nations of Russia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Tajikistan, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Northern Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Banghladesh, Maldives, Nepal, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Yemen, Egypt, Sudan, South Sudan, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Dem. Rep. of the Congo, Rep. of the Congo, Gabon, Sao Tomé, Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea.

Is amended to read as follows:

Quote7.4. ATATÜRK PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Atatürk Province: the Wisconsin counties of Calumet, Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, and Washington; and the U.S. states of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Vermont, and the Canadian provinces of Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia. Prince Edward Island, Quebec; Internationally, the nations of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bhutan, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Congo-Brazzaville, Congo-Kinshasa, Cyprus, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Georgia, India, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Somaliland, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Türkiye, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Yemen.

Article 7.5 which currently reads:

Quote7.5. BENITO PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Benito Province: the Wisconsin counties of Waukesha, Jefferson, Dane, Marathon, Wood, Portage, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago, Marquette, Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Columbia, and Dodge. Overseas, the nations of Italy, San Marino, Vatican City, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, Albania, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova and Cyprus; plus all nations in Africa north of the Equator not listed elsewhere.

Quote7.5. BENITO PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Benito Province: the Wisconsin counties of Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Jefferson, Marathon, Marquette, Portage, Waukesha, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago, and Wood. Internationally, Albania, Andorra, Austria, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Togo, Vatican City.

Article 7.6 which currently reads:

Quote7.6. VUODE PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Vuode Province: The City of Milwaukee (WI) and the U.S. states of Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Iowa, Missouri.

Quote7.6. VUODE PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Vuode Province: the City of Milwaukee (WI) and all suburbs of Milwaukee, which lie to the north and east of the City of Milwaukee; and the U.S. states of Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania; And the Mexican States of Aguascalientes, Baja California, Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Durango, Guanajuato, Jalisco, Nayarit, Nuevo Leon, Sinaloa, San Luis Potosi, Sonora, Tamaulipas, Queretero, and Zacatecas. Internationally, the nations of Algeria, Chad, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Tunisia, and Western Sahara.

Article 7.7 which currently reads:

Quote7.7. MARICOPA PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Maricopa Province: the Wisconsin counties of Polk, Barron, St. Croix, Pierce, Dunn, Chippewa, Eau Claire, Clark, Pepin, Buffalo, Trempeleau, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Juneau, Adams, Vernon, Crawford, Richland, Sauk, Grant, Iowa, Lafayette, and Green; and the U.S. states of Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Hawaii, California, Arkansas and Louisiana. Overseas, the nations of South America (except Brazil) and all of continental Central America.

Quote7.7. MARICOPA PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Maricopa Province: the Wisconsin counties of Adams, Barron, Buffalo, Chippewa, Clark, Crawford, Dunn, Eau Claire, Grant, Green, Iowa, Jackson, Juneau, La Crosse, Lafayette, Monroe, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Richland, St. Croix, Sauk, Trempealeau, and Vernon; the U.S. states of Arizona, Arkansas, California, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas; the Mexican States of Campeche, Chiapas, Ciudad de México, Colima, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Michoacan, Mexico, Morelos, Oaxaca, Puebla, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, Tlaxcala, Veracruz, Yucatan. Internationally, the nations of Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

Article 7.8 which currently reads:

Quote7.8. FLORENCIA PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Florencia Province: the Wisconsin counties of Florence, Douglas, Bayfield, Ashland, Iron, Vilas, Burnett, Washburn, Sawyer, Rusk, Taylor, Price, Oneida, Lincoln, Langlade, Forest, Menominee, Shawano, Marinette, Oconto, Outagamie, and Brown; and the U.S. states of Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and the Canadian provinces and territories of Yukon, Northwest, Nunavut, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario.

Quote7.8. FLORENCIA PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Florencia Province: the Wisconsin counties of Ashland, Bayfield, Brown, Burnett, Douglas,  Florence, Forest, Iron, Lincoln, Langlade, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Oneida, Outagamie, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Shawano, Taylor, Vilas, and Washburn; and the U.S. states and territories of Alaska, American Samoa, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Northern Marianas Islands, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming; and the Canadian provinces and territories of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Northwest Territory, Nunavut, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Yukon Territory. Internationally, the nations of Brunei, Bouganville, Fiji, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, North Korea, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Taiwan, Tonga, Vanuatu.

Article 7.9 which currently reads:

Quote7.9. MARITIIMI-MAXHESTIC PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Maritiimi-Maxhestic Province: All suburbs of the City of Milwaukee within Milwaukee County which lie to the south and west of the City of Milwaukee, and also the Wisconsin Counties of Racine, Kenosha, Walworth, and Rock; and the U.S. states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, the District of Columbia, Delaware and Maryland. Overseas, all the nations of insular Central America and Puerto Rico.

Quote7.9. MARITIIMI-MAXHESTIC PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Maritiimi-Maxhestic Province: All suburbs of the City of Milwaukee within Milwaukee County which lie to the south and west of the City of Milwaukee, and also the Wisconsin Counties of Kenosha, Racine, Rock, and Walworth; and the U.S. states and territories of Alabama, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Virgin Islands, and West Virginia. Internationally, the nations of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, the Bahamas, and Trinidad and Tobago.

Article 7.10 which currently reads:

Quote7.10. CÉZEMBRE PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Cézembre Province: the nations of Ireland, United Kingdom, Iceland, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Monaco and any European nation not listed elsewhere.

Quote7.10. CÉZEMBRE PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Cézembre Province: the nations of Belgium, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Sweden, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.

Article 7.11 which currently reads:

Quote7.11. FIOVA PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Fiova Province: the nations of Australia, New Zealand, all Oceanian nations, all Asian nations not listed elsewhere, Brazil, South Africa, Madagascar, Mauritius, the Comoros, Seychelles, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Malawi, Angola, and all nations in Africa south of the Equator not listed elsewhere, and all nations of the world not included elsewhere.

Quote7.11. FIOVA PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Fiova Province: the nations of Afghanistan, Angola, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Comoros, Eswatini, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Laos, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, New Zealand, Seychelles, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

A new section 3.1 is added as follows:

Quote3.1 The Ministry of Immigration shall note the prospective immigrant's future provincial assignment in the introducing thread.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Minister of Immigration)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

(If I may, the proposed new section E.7.13 is not in my humble opinion fully coherent with the existing law. I'll write a comment for consideration of the Proponent on the Hopper thread)
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

I don't know if this is technologically feasible... but would it be possible to get a "track changes" version of this bill?  The lists are just so long and overlap could slip by so easily.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu on March 26, 2023, 10:00:14 PMI don't know if this is technologically feasible... but would it be possible to get a "track changes" version of this bill?  The lists are just so long and overlap could slip by so easily.

Changes are detailed in the Hopper.

Modifications:

• All general descriptors are removed. Every nation is individually placed in a specific province.
  • Mexico is treated as a part of North America. As such, its catchment area scheme is handled at the sub-national level just as the US and Canada. Some states to Vuode and some to Maricopa.
  • Florencia is expanded to include most Oceanian nations (excepting Australia and New Zealand)
  • Catchment descriptions are alphabetical
  • Vuode receives nations with a known Berber population or heritage (connecting the Talossan home province with its mystical Berber heritage
  • Ministry of Immigration is directed to state the prospective immigrants province at the time of presenting application for consideration.
  • There have a half dozen naming updates (ex: Czechia, Eswatini, etc.)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Could you please add in the text as it stands currently, before amendment?

I note that new countries emerge or change their names on a regular basis; for this to work without keeping a close eye on that and amending this list, maybe a provision should be included to deal with that? 
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 29, 2023, 06:53:06 AMCould you please add in the text as it stands currently, before amendment?

I note that new countries emerge or change their names on a regular basis; for this to work without keeping a close eye on that and amending this list, maybe a provision should be included to deal with that? 

Well it's not that frequent. Anyway most of the name listed are the name those countries are usually known IN ENGLISH (i.e: the Koreas or the Congos) or direct to be officially called in that way IN ENGLISH (Czechia) and not necessairly their official name, so it is already a "quasi official name list".
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

I guess it's not that often, now that you mention it.  Maybe every five years or so, on average?

I just want to make sure all the bases are covered.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 29, 2023, 07:56:42 AMI guess it's not that often, now that you mention it.  Maybe every five years or so, on average?

I've re-added language concerning regular review, but in awareness of @Ian Plätschisch concern, I've made it an encouragement rather than a mandate and removed the reporting requirement.

I will add the unamended sections when I get home from work tonight.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

If I'm reading everything correctly, I THINK this works.  I'd say Clark it.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Üc R. Tärfă

I doubt that Senator Plätschisch we'll be happy to read that the law encourages the Minister to do something, and neither do I. The law should say what must, might or shall not be done, it shall not encourage the state to do something.

Moreover this section will go farther beyond AD concern on how to simply address changes in the name of a State.

I believe that time is up for adding new sections at the eleventh hour  to a bill that stayed long enough in the Hopper and went to  Committee without that section or that language.

If you want to discuss that section or a similar section, there are 4 more clarks in this term to consider a bill just on it.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfă on March 29, 2023, 06:17:44 PMI doubt that Senator Plätschisch we'll be happy to read that the law encourages the Minister to do something, and neither do I. The law should say what must, might or shall not be done, it shall not encourage the state to do something.

Moreover this section will go farther beyond AD concern on how to simply address changes in the name of a State.

I believe that time is up for adding new sections at the eleventh hour  to a bill that stayed long enough in the Hopper and went to  Committee without that section or that language.

If you want to discuss that section or a similar section, there are 4 more clarks in this term to consider a bill just on it.

I think the former seneschal (and the Baron) can speak for themselves... And I'll encourage them to do so, Üc.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 29, 2023, 07:56:42 AMI guess it's not that often, now that you mention it.  Maybe every five years or so, on average?

@Baron Alexandreu Davinescu does that addition work for you?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

MC Tärfă, please refrain from issuing pronouncements about bills here.  You are not a member of this committee.  Your comments are often helpful, but please consider the appearance that you are attempting to speak for a body of which you are not a member.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Hopefully with permission from this committee, please note I've revised the bill to include the requested additions. I thank ESB for his approval.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight