[CRL] The Second Catchment Area Reform Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, March 25, 2023, 08:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

@Breneir Tzaracomprada , I think this is correct in function.  We have long had sections of law which recommend or urge particular considerations, most famously the Ziu's requests to the Seneschal on how to exercise the powers of that office.

This is not my preferred way to solve the issue - I'd rather assign some discretion to the minister in question to make determinations about the best assignment, as would be in keeping with the guidelines set out in the law, whenever geopolitics made their literal application difficult.  And I'd put that determination under possible judicial review.

While I disagree with MC Tärfă's means of expressing this view, I do actually think it might be a good idea to further consider aspect before Clarking.  But and again this bill will function as intended and doesn't seem to create any conflicts in the law. 

I do still think the current text should be included in the bill, as it is now prior to the proposed changes.  I think we're trying to establish that as best practices for the form of bills.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Ah, you fixed that while I was typing!  So yeah, I approve it, as it seems proper in form and workable in function.  I don't love it, but that's okay -- the CRL isn't a superlegislature, but a committee designed to proofread bills.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein