Resolution to Amend the Florencian Constitution in Whole

Started by Açafat del Val, April 16, 2020, 07:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Açafat del Val

In pursuance to Article IV, Section 2 of the Florencian Constitution, which reads...

QuoteThis Constitution may be amended in whole or in part by a resolution of the Nimlet, provided that such a resolution passes with the voted consent of each Senator for Florencia. After approval of any such resolution by the Constable, the amended form of this Constitution shall be considered in force and the law of the land.

... I do make the following resolution of this Nimlet and put it to this honorable House for a final vote, to wit:

QuoteBe it resolved by this House of Shepherds of the Province of Florenica assembled, that:

(1) The Constitution of the Province of Florenica, which be in effect at the time of passage of this Resolution, shall be hereby nullified in whole, entirely, and inseverably;

(2) The newly proposed Constitution of 2020, which be found at this address <https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=119>, shall be hereby effectuated forthwith for the whole, entire, and inseverable Province of Florencia; and

(3) Any law of any kind, manner, or source which be in effect at the time of passage of this Resolution shall remain in effect unless it contravene the newly proposed Constitution of 2020, in which case it shall be nullified upon the affectation of this Resolution.

The deadline to vote on this Resolution is made to be the shortest possible duration, i.e. 336 hours from the time of posting. That is approximately equal to May 1st, 2020.

Submitted in good faith by the Senator for Florencia,
a Member of the House of Shepherds,
this day the 16th of April,
in the year 2020,

/s/
Açafat del Val
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Açafat del Val

Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

mximo

Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Açafat del Val

Seeing that this Resolution has earned the constitutionally requisite number of votes, and therefore has passed this House of Shepherds, I do now notify my esteemed colleagues that the Governor of our great Province, the honorable Breneir Itravilatx, is obliged by Section 4 of Article III of the Constitution of Florencia — which reads in part...

QuoteWhen the passage of a resolution by the Nimlet is secured, the Governor (or, in the case of a resolution appointing a Governor, the sponsor of the resolution) shall sign its instrument and shall deliver it, with his own comments and recommendation, to the Constable for approval or veto.

— to present the instrument of this Resolution immediately to the Constable, His Majesty King John, for His approval or veto.

Seeing also that 15 days have passed since the deadline for this Resolution, and believing that that is or was sufficient time for the Governor to have delivered the instrument as according to law, I do now also notify my esteemed colleagues of my intent to file suit with the Uppermost Cort of Talossa seeking a Writ of Mandamus to compel action of the Governor, or of some other competent authority, so that the instrument may be duly delivered, and only if the Governor does not make the delivery within the next 24 hours.

/s/
Açafat del Val
Member of this House of Shepherds, and
Senator for the Province of Florencia
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Açafat del Val on May 15, 2020, 02:52:52 PM
Seeing also that 15 days have passed since the deadline for this Resolution, and believing that that is or was sufficient time for the Governor to have delivered the instrument as according to law, I do now also notify my esteemed colleagues of my intent to file suit with the Uppermost Cort of Talossa seeking a Writ of Mandamus to compel action of the Governor, or of some other competent authority, so that the instrument may be duly delivered, and only if the Governor does not make the delivery within the next 24 hours.

Thanks for that.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

King John

I don't believe I've yet received notification of this resolution from the Governor; I don't think I can act on it *before* receiving it from him, can I?  So ... waiting eagerly.   :D

-- John R

Açafat del Val

Quote from: King John on May 26, 2020, 05:02:35 PM
I don't believe I've yet received notification of this resolution from the Governor; I don't think I can act on it *before* receiving it from him, can I?  So ... waiting eagerly.   :D

-- John R

Respectfully I submit the following:

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on May 15, 2020, 04:06:04 PM
Seeing that this is the official thread for the ongoing Nimlet session convened on 22 December I will make any posts in continuance of the session here.

Pursuant to Article III, Section 4 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for the Resolution to Amend the Florencian Constitution in Whole as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

Pursuant to the same section of our Constitution I do also send this Resolution for consideration to our Constable.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia