[TERPELAZIUN] Rogue or inOrganic Provinces

Started by Açafat del Val, April 04, 2023, 05:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Açafat del Val

As a member of the Cosă in good standing, I have the statutory right to ask questions and receive answers from the incumbent Government. To wit, I would like to ask the Seneschal, the Distain, or another appropriate Minister about rogue, contemptuous, or inciteful acts of provinces or their agents.

Does the Government agree or disagree with the following statement? "Provincial agents who act directly in contravention of the Organic Law ought to be tried in criminal court for such acts."

Does the Government agree or disagree with the following statement? "It is necessary for the rule of law, and for the public safety of Talossa, that those who act in contravention of the Organic Law must be suffer tangible punishment."

Does the Government agree or disagree with the following statement? "Any citizen of Talossa who affirmatively, actively, concertedly, overtly, or undoubtedly incites, causes, or is concerned in secession, rebellion, insurrection, war, treason, sedition, or similar acts must be prosecuted forthwith by the Ministry of Justice."

Does the Government agree or disagree with the following statement? "Any law, constitutional proviso, decree, order, or other part or manner of the law, which is fundamentally or constructively inOrganic, must be disparaged publicly by the Minister of Justice."

Would the Government pursue a declaratory judgement from the Corts of Talossa, in order to strike and invalidate any law, constitutional proviso, decree, order, or other part or manner of the law, which is fundamentally or constructively inOrganic, if the Government became aware of such a law, proviso, et cetera?
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Sir Lüc

A quick note that relates to three of the five Terpelaziuns recently posed by M:sr del Val - this one, the one titled "Immigration Fraud" and the one titled "Deletion of Posts on Witt".

In the opinion of the chair, and specifically regarding my interpretation of Lex.H.2.2 and Lex.H.2.8, a Terpelaziun must be asked to a single named Cabinet minister. It is not in order for a Terpelaziun to be directed to "the Seneschal, the Distain, or another appropriate Minister"; such a question could not be regarded as a well-formed Terpelaziun and the Government would have no obligation to reply. (Although they still may choose to, of course -- but I'd still like to encourage Members to submit properly formed Terps.)

As such, I would like to kindly invite M:sr del Val to amend these three sets of questions to identify the specific member of the government they are addressing.

(Edit: apologies, it's three of five Terps, not four.)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă