Delegation of Website Administration: Talossan.com

Started by Danihel Txechescu, April 18, 2023, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 23, 2023, 06:18:54 PM
Quote from: Sir Lüc on July 23, 2023, 06:13:30 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 23, 2023, 05:35:15 PMAnd talossa.com - our national domain name - expires today.

Crap.

During the transition, while doing the handover of credentials and accounts, I had advised the incoming Government that I had no access to the DoRoyal hosting portal. As a result of that, I had no means to transfer the access over to the new BoIR and the representatives of the new Government, and I suggested, verbatim,

QuoteFor the hosting portal (mostly for billing and tickets), you should ask Txec, I currently have no access to it, but as of last October I was still getting emails from that thing, as were Higgs and Grischun AFAIK - so the new BoIR will have to check on it and update the correct contacts.

But this was like one week before Wittpocalypse, so I don't blame anyone for not following up with that.

This does mean we might be in a bit of trouble right now, though, and I'm afraid I personally can't help, since I still have no means of accessing the portal to transfer access to the Burgermeister or pay the bill as an emergency measure.

It seems that the current Government thought it was a higher priority to harass the SoS for about the Bi-Annual Census than the impending loss of our national domain names, lol. But still - it's weird that the MinTech was able to open a support ticket with DoRoyal, despite the fact that he's not listed as a contact?

Still, it seems that the sensible, short-term thing would be for the SoS to renew the domain names out of his own wallet, and stick the Government with the bill.

Miestra, I thought you were planning on writing a terpelaziun for the Technology Minister.
Please do not hesitate to put forward your questions using the formal process allowed.
I would also recommend the SoS not use his personal funds until he too has communicated with the Technology Minister to confirm whether that is necessary.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 23, 2023, 06:23:00 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 23, 2023, 06:18:54 PM
Quote from: Sir Lüc on July 23, 2023, 06:13:30 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 23, 2023, 05:35:15 PMAnd talossa.com - our national domain name - expires today.

Crap.

During the transition, while doing the handover of credentials and accounts, I had advised the incoming Government that I had no access to the DoRoyal hosting portal. As a result of that, I had no means to transfer the access over to the new BoIR and the representatives of the new Government, and I suggested, verbatim,

QuoteFor the hosting portal (mostly for billing and tickets), you should ask Txec, I currently have no access to it, but as of last October I was still getting emails from that thing, as were Higgs and Grischun AFAIK - so the new BoIR will have to check on it and update the correct contacts.

But this was like one week before Wittpocalypse, so I don't blame anyone for not following up with that.

This does mean we might be in a bit of trouble right now, though, and I'm afraid I personally can't help, since I still have no means of accessing the portal to transfer access to the Burgermeister or pay the bill as an emergency measure.

It seems that the current Government thought it was a higher priority to harass the SoS for about the Bi-Annual Census than the impending loss of our national domain names, lol. But still - it's weird that the MinTech was able to open a support ticket with DoRoyal, despite the fact that he's not listed as a contact?

Still, it seems that the sensible, short-term thing would be for the SoS to renew the domain names out of his own wallet, and stick the Government with the bill.

Miestra, I thought you were planning on writing a terpelaziun for the Technology Minister.
Please do not hesitate to put forward your questions using the formal process allowed.
I would also recommend the SoS not use his personal funds until he too has communicated with the Technology Minister to confirm whether that is necessary.

Well done, Miestra. Thanks for submitting the terpelaziun. I have alerted the Technology Minister of your enquiry.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight