Zodiac signs

Started by Bråneu Excelsio, April 19, 2023, 08:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bråneu Excelsio

I looked them up in L'Översteir but no results.
C'e bisertéu.

Also, no direct translation for "eerie" I believe.

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Judging by how other Romance languages deal with them at a first glance, you could either use the Latin names for constellations or translate the meanings. So Pisces would either just be Pisces or els Peschti. Personally I would prefer the latter method but either works really.

EDIT: I might compile a list of all 88 constellations and what their translated Talossan names would be. We'll see.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP on April 19, 2023, 09:08:18 PMJudging by how other Romance languages deal with them at a first glance,
Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP on April 19, 2023, 09:08:18 PMJudging by how other Romance languages deal with them at a first glance, you could either use the Latin names for constellations or translate the meanings. So Pisces would either just be Pisces or els Peschti. Personally I would prefer the latter method but either works really.

EDIT: I might compile a list of all 88 constellations and what their translated Talossan names would be. We'll see.
So Pisces would either just be Pisces or els Peschti. Personally I would prefer the latter method but either works really.

Yes romance languages do use the current translation or an "erudite derivation" from the Latin name (best example is "cancer"), we don't directly use the Latin names as they are used in English.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

You cannot view this attachment. is my best attempt at translating the constellations into Talossan. Constellations marked in yellow are part of the zodiac.

Üc R. Tärfă

Just a quick note on Capricorn: in the Greek mythology it's a male (half fish half) goat (Amalthea is identified in Capella in the Auriga constellation) so we should use the male name version for goat.

I'll give a better look at the list in the next days.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfă on April 20, 2023, 12:08:50 PMI'll give a better look at the list in the next days.

Any update on this?