News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

La S'chinteia Volume VII

Started by Ian Plätschisch, December 04, 2019, 08:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

Volume VII is out!
And has been posted here immediately to encourage sign-ups on Witt XIV!

Do you want to have the next volume of La S'chinteia sent straight to your inbox a day early? Click here to subscribe!

Ian Plätschisch

Heh, I can't post it here because the file it too big. Can this be changed?

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Likely story!  We're wise to your scheme to make us subscribe.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on December 04, 2019, 08:59:09 PM
Heh, I can't post it here because the file it too big. Can this be changed?

Done, I have removed all limits on attachments. This is not ideal (I wanted at least a 8 MB cap) but we'll have to make do because SMF doesn't want to play ball with anything else than its defaults (or no limits at all).

Edit: ...or not? Apparently there *is* an 8 MB cap after all. Oh well, SMF works in mysterious ways, but at least it works.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Ian Plätschisch

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The analysis of the election results would be more interesting if it diverged from the maths a little bit to questioning why the large surprises happened. The two "random factors" would IMHO be: (a) a truly sterling GOTV effort from the PNP; (b) the entire Ventrútx family neglecting to vote.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

I hope JP and his family are all-right.  Something odd would have had to have happened for them to have not voted en-masse.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on December 05, 2019, 02:33:03 PM
The analysis of the election results would be more interesting if it diverged from the maths a little bit to questioning why the large surprises happened. The two "random factors" would IMHO be: (a) a truly sterling GOTV effort from the PNP; (b) the entire Ventrútx family neglecting to vote.
Thanks for the feedback.

I think I did mention Ventrutx's failure to vote, and beyond that I didn't have enough information to make more conclusions. I had heard a little about PNP's GOTV but not enough to write about, and I didn't have time for an interview :P

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

We really need consistent Talossan translations of party names, by the looks.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on December 05, 2019, 02:33:03 PM
Well, regarding both but mostly (a), PNP was after all a party formed by two former RUMP party leaders. I would not be surprised if some of the more moderate ex-RUMP wing went PNP instead of ZPT (think Castiglha, da Bitour, Txechescu rather than Xhorxh and Holmes). Those that found peculiarism a step too far instead went AMP (Davinescu) or stayed with the ZPT.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Sir Lüc

Oh, by the way, the Cjovani article was perhaps the best one to appear in La Sc'hinteia to date.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Quedéir Castiglhâ

Quote from: Lüc on December 05, 2019, 06:01:49 PM
Well, regarding both but mostly (a), PNP was after all a party formed by two former RUMP party leaders. I would not be surprised if some of the more moderate ex-RUMP wing went PNP instead of ZPT (think Castiglha, da Bitour, Txechescu rather than Xhorxh and Holmes). Those that found peculiarism a step too far instead went AMP (Davinescu) or stayed with the ZPT.

Ooh, who did I vote for???

Quedéir Castiglhâ, GST, Cin.
Barôn del Regipäts Talossán

Eðo Grischun

I've not carried out any in-depth analysis and our voters have all decided to stay secret.  I have no concrete idea who is in our voter base.

If I am to hazard a guess though, I would first agree that the more moderate ex-Rump members came over.  The analysis by Luc is probably spot on as to where ex-RUMPers all landed.  The party's right wing core mostly went ZPT while the centrists within RUMP went AMP and PNP.

Second, though, there was a faction of the old Progressives that identified as neo-peculiarists.  I suspect that the PNP managed to get a few votes from that group of people.  If I'm right, then we are probably talking about ex-Progs that did not swing to the Mod-Rads following the Prog split.

As for our GOTV effort.  I'm not really willing to reveal our campaign strategy :P sorry.  We did a lot of work behind the scenes though.  It was an active campaign.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode