Main Menu

[PRÜMĂ] Talossan ID Cards - free!

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, May 11, 2023, 09:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

PRÜMĂ MINISTRÀ

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Talossan ID Cards

Zooks!  Talossan ID cards are ready and available for all interested citizens!  They're high-quality vinyl cards that look slick and will serve for all Talossan purposes.  They conform to all international ID standards set by the ICAO, and they're machine-readable.  Show your card at any participating business for a discount on goods or services!*

In order to obtain your card, you must first pass a test on Talossan government, history, and culture.  All questions are easily answered by looking through the wiki, which you should feel free to use as you take the test.  You will need to provide a photo and a scanned picture of your signature.  If you pass the test with 75% or higher, then you are eligible to apply for a free ID card!

Photo and Signature Requirements
The photo submitted for your ID Card should have a 2:3 ratio of width to height.  The image should be in front of a neutral background, and you should be facing the camera.  Please see the sample card above for an appropriate example.  If you submit a photo which does not meet these requirements, your application will be rejected until you provide an appropriate signature image.

Your signature image should be a clear photo of your Talossan signature on a white background.  If you submit a signature which is written on colored paper or with shadows on it, your application will be rejected until you provide an appropriate signature image.

The Test and Application
A link to the required Civics Test is here.  There is no limit to the number of times you may attempt the quiz; a passing grade is 75%.  You only need to pass the quiz once.

Your information will be kept private during this process, in concord  with our nation's strict privacy laws.  It may take some time for you to receive your card, since they are printed in batches and there may be slight shipping delays.  Estetz patzint - please be patient!

* Malfortunadamint, there are no participating businesses.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

If you already passed the test and were just waiting to get a card, please just let me know so I can send you the application form again without needing to go through the test.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

When you get time, please forward me the application as I took and passed the test some time back.

Thank you!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on May 11, 2023, 10:14:47 AMWhen you get time, please forward me the application as I took and passed the test some time back.

Thank you!
Done!  Thank you for being a guinea pig for the new system!

Fun fact: this was the design back in 2016, when we first issued cards.  I don't remember who made the design, but boy is it different!

Actually that reminds me that Sir Cresti advised us to put that warning on the back -- better add that back in.

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on May 11, 2023, 10:14:47 AMWhen you get time, please forward me the application as I took and passed the test some time back.

Thank you!

Same!

@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB , can you sticky this and unsticky the other one, please?

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Can I just say that I am surprised and delighted that the new Government has not abolished the Civics Test like they said they were going to. Not that it matters, but I'm wondering why the change of heart?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on May 11, 2023, 04:30:30 PMCan I just say that I am surprised and delighted that the new Government has not abolished the Civics Test like they said they were going to. Not that it matters, but I'm wondering why the change of heart?
Hm.  I am a deputy leader of the party, and I am not aware of such a promise.  Could you show me where that was said?

Anyway.

The first applications have come through, and once we hit a minimum number, we'll send them off to the printer's.  It's cheaper per card to do ten at a time, so if you haven't yet done so, take the (easy) test and apply for a card!

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Please forward me the application as I passed the test some time back (sometime around the election season).

Thank you!

I guess that takes the count to three...
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Done! A few other people are in the process -- I think we'll have seven applicants in the first batch?  Would be good to get an even ten, to save money, but that's okay.