Proposed Club Changes

Started by Audrada Roibeardet, May 11, 2023, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audrada Roibeardet

Members,

I apologize for the delay. Here are the proposed changes to the club.

Club Name
Our organization has long been know as the Toxophilite Club. However, I propose that we change the club's name to El C'hlub Saxhitourófil to reflect our Talossan heritage. Furthermore, it has come to my attention that there are other clubs that already use the Toxophilite monicker. Given that the proposed name is quite complicated, I also propose that we abbreviate it to ECS.

Divisions
This club has created to preserve and promote the study and practice of "traditional" archery. While I still believe that is a noble goal, it limits our ability to be competitive at a micronational as well as macronational level. Additionally, "traditional" archery is dedicated discipline within competitive archery and our definition is incongruent with the current competitive rules.

Therefore, I propose that the club be divided into three separate yet equal divisions.

The "Deport" or Sport Division will be dedicated to modern competitive archery and all competitions will be contested under World Archery Federation (WA) rules.

The "Traditional" or Traditional Division will adhere to the rules set forth by the Traditional Archery Society except in cases where WA Traditional rules take precedence.

The "Primitiveu" or Primitive Division will be dedicated to the preservation of ancient archery traditions and practices. This division is non competitive in nature and is dedicated to the more academic side of archery.

Let's discuss this for the moment. I'd also like your input on club structure. I'm looking forward for your input.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Looks good to me but I am unclear on how the divisions will work. Are these just communities of interest within the ECS?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Audrada Roibeardet

The main purpose of the divisions is to align with current competitive standards so members can, if they choose, compete in real world events. This not only increase our club's visibility but could potentially increase awareness of Talossa as a whole.

To be clear, members are NOT required to compete in real world events. It is recommended that members practice archery, if possible. Archery is great exercise, both for body and mind.