News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Bye.

Started by Viteu, May 16, 2023, 09:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viteu

1. I am right that under the 2017 Organic Law, the CpI has the authority to recognize crimes at common law (Seventh Covenant) and has the sole right to impose the sentence of revocation (Twelfth Covenant).  Neither the Seventh Covenant nor Twelfth Covenant contain any provision akin to "The Ziu Shall have the power to enforce this Covenant by appropriate legislation." Which is the very line that moron Tärfă hangs his hat on.  Tärfă entire argument that the Ziu somehow gets to interpret what is cruel and unusual punishment to claim that this includes revocation of citizenship is not only stupid, it's laughable—the Org Law already allows that punishment, it is not subject to the whims of the Ziu. But keep thinking this is a wilder legal theory, Meistra. Let us not forget that you flunked out of law school. I graduated at the top of class.

2. The reality is that the 1997 Organic Law required a citizen to participate in an election to avoid the two-strikes rule.  Abstention counted as participation. The referendum was tied into the election. Therefore, abstaining counted as the overall number of people participating in the referendum.

3. Why did I not raise the referendum sooner? Because Miestra expressly told me not to.  She said, "but leave out the issue of the referendum[.]" If she were so confident in her position, why did she tell me to leave that out?

4. How did I handle the Fifth Covenant? I got the Fifth Covenant fixed.

5. None of you really want to take Talossa seriously.  This is akin to Model UN in school. It's a low-level larp.  The mere fact that you're all ostensibly okay with trashing civil liberties and steamrolling of a defendant because you don't like his macronational level crime is disgusting.

6. Miestra, this is at you—you're a disgusting excuse for a person. How quickly you cycle through political allies based on whether they're useful to you tells me the character of your person.  I wish nothing but the worst possible future for you.

7. Tärfă, you're just an idiot.

8. Gluc, you're also a moron. 

9. FreeDems, good luck EVER winning an election again.

I resign my seat on the Uppermost Cort, and I resign my citizenship. Talossa doesn't deserve me. Good luck playing your game. There, you can all celebrate my departure from this shitshow.
Viteu Marcianüs
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort

Former FreeDem (Vote PRESENT)

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

It is with regret that the Chancery recognizes the renunciation of Viteu Marcianus.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretár d'Estat
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Viteu on May 16, 2023, 09:34:04 AM2. The reality is that the 1997 Organic Law required a citizen to participate in an election to avoid the two-strikes rule.  Abstention counted as participation. The referendum was tied into the election. Therefore, abstaining counted as the overall number of people participating in the referendum.

I'm not sure it's quite as clear as that.  Abstention is usually counted for things like establishing a quorum or merely indicating presence at the vote, but it's not usually counted for voting thresholds unless the vote requires a certain percentage of those "present" or the like.  The language of the OrgLaw in this instance is ambiguous to my reading: "two-thirds majority of voters participating in the referendum on the question of the amendment."

It is definitely wrong to say that abstentions always increase the denominator.  By default, abstentions are held not to affect the outcome.  This is apparent from any reading of Robert's Rules (or from watching the US House try to choose a Speaker a bit ago).  The only reason there's a question here at all is because the language of the OrgLaw describes the denominator as all voters participating in the referendum, and that's a broad concept.

Quote from: Viteu on May 16, 2023, 09:34:04 AM3. Why did I not raise the referendum sooner? Because Miestra expressly told me not to.  She said, "but leave out the issue of the referendum[.]" If she were so confident in her position, why did she tell me to leave that out?
She very plausibly says that she didn't want to argue with you.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Üc R. Tärfă

I'm sure none is pleased when someone renounces his citizenship.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Viteu on May 16, 2023, 09:34:04 AM8. Gluc, you're also a moron. 

No I'm not. Bye
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Viteu on May 16, 2023, 09:34:04 AMThere, you can all celebrate my departure from this shitshow.

Only a wildly overinflated ego could mistake pity for celebration. Good luck in any and all your future endeavours ^^
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

What a fucking piss take.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Tric'hard Lenxheir

For someone who seems to think this is all just a game he sure seems angry.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

GV

þerxh Sant-Enogat

On X (ex Twitter) yesterday, KoT wished a happy birthday to Viteu 🎉
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on August 20, 2023, 12:25:35 PMOn X (ex Twitter) yesterday, KoT wished a happy birthday to Viteu 🎉

That is my fault. I scheduled the happy birthdays several months ago and neglected to remove his birthday wish in the meantime.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 20, 2023, 02:25:21 PM
Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on August 20, 2023, 12:25:35 PMOn X (ex Twitter) yesterday, KoT wished a happy birthday to Viteu

That is my fault. I scheduled the happy birthdays several months ago and neglected to remove his birthday wish in the meantime.
This shows that we do forgive ! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Miestră Schivă, UrN

It's not out of the question that V will be back. This isn't the first time he's stalked out of Talossa yelling how we're all scum, and Miestra in particular.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan