News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Breaking the Tie

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, November 02, 2023, 06:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

As ordered by the Cort, I am directed to break the tie to resolve the recent Senate election.

I propose the following tie-breaker. First, I will use a virtual spinning wheel on the site https://wheelofnames.com/ to determine a winner. Each candidate will be on the wheel 3 times, in alphabetical order. The winner will be named Senator:

I will post a screenshot showing the results. This seems like the most fair way to do it. What are your thoughts @Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat and @Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM? If you agree, please indicate that in this thread.

Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Despite the fact that I feel the Cort has overstepped it's bounds and set a bad precedent in it's ruling, I cannot allow Maricopa to continue to be unrepresented in the Senäts. Therefore I agree to this tiebreaker.

I also want to apologize to the people of Maricopa and the Premier in particular for the loss of representation in the previous Clark.
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

At @ 7:47 AM on 11/27/23 I spun the wheel to break the tie. See the images below. I hereby officially appoint Txotue Davinescu as the Senator from Maricopa for the 59th Cosa.

Premieir of Maricopa

Image: Names input into the wheel

Image: Names shuffled on the wheel

Image: Winner of the tie-breaker

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on November 27, 2023, 08:33:29 AMDespite the fact that I feel the Cort has overstepped it's bounds and set a bad precedent in it's ruling, I cannot allow Maricopa to continue to be unrepresented in the Senäts. Therefore I agree to this tiebreaker.

I also want to apologize to the people of Maricopa and the Premier in particular for the loss of representation in the previous Clark.

Matters were out of your hands. The true disappointment here is the failure by the Uppermost Cort to even acknowledge the appeal, let alone fail to act entirely despite numerous pleas to do so.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on November 27, 2023, 08:33:29 AMDespite the fact that I feel the Cort has overstepped it's bounds and set a bad precedent in it's ruling, I cannot allow Maricopa to continue to be unrepresented in the Senäts. Therefore I agree to this tiebreaker.

I want to congratulate Carlüs on his good grace in this, and hope the TNC will give him Cosă seats so he will not be lost to the Ziu. I also want to agree that the failure of the CpI to even hear the appeal is shocking and may require legislative correction, on which I will consult with the TNC.

Stay tuned for who gets the Cosă seats vacated by Senator Davinescu.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan