News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Away for some time

Started by Sir Lüc, May 01, 2020, 09:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Hello all,

I originally wanted to write something much lengthier, but I'll cut to the chase. Things are not looking good - how bad, we'll know in a few weeks - for reasons we all know too well. And despite considering you all to be my dearest friends, the time to take care of much closer people, my own family, has come. Thus, I'm afraid I have to announce I am stepping back from any and all of the roles I am holding at the moment, and any and all projects I am involved in. Specifically:

1) My term as Senator for Benito will end in June, de facto, and on August 15th, de jure. Despite it being an office I enjoy immensely, I am aware that should I need to prolong my hiatus, then that would not be compatible with seeking another term. I will review my situation ahead of the July 15-August 1 general elections, and hopefully things will be clearer enough that I can make a firmer decision. As of today, I am still planning to complete my term and vote on all remaining matters, at the very least.

1b) Further to this, I am honoured to be currently serving as the Mençei del Senäts. This is also a role I like, and I hope to have made some sort of meaningful contribution in that capacity. While normally not much is required and I would have stayed on in full capacity, an important hearing, the second of this term, is coming up this month. I can not take part in, much less oversee, that hearing in the fashion and with the seriousness that it deserves. Therefore, I will invoke Standing Rule 2.4 and make a further announcement before the Senate.

2) I am currently the Permanent Secretary to the Cabinet. While not resigning, I am publicly stating that I would prefer handing off this role to someone in better conditions. If this does not happen, then I will probably guarantee some kind of basic level of operations (eg. Witt registrations, email redirect changes, urgent issues...), but nothing other than the bare minimum will get done until my personal issues continue.

3) Projects: I've done some stuff on the side, for example the recent new Översteir, or another thing would be the Talomat, another edition of which will need to be done in less than two months. Needless to say, no work will get done from me on any of these side projects, which includes both patches/fixes and any upgrades. However, I am more than willing to help anyone take them over; you won't get any kind of tech support or guidance, but I'll be glad to transfer over all of the code and stuff I am in control of.

4) The Wiki. It's not mine, I haven't done anything to create or build it, but nevertheless I hold it extremely close to my heart. Please take care of it and keep editing it, filling in our history and our traditions, especially those parts that didn't get recorded on Ar Päts or are so recent that we take them for granted.

No, I am not renouncing. Don't know how long this will last, but with the knowledge that this might be the last you see of me for a while, maybe a long while... farewell.

TLDR: Bye for now. In the following months, I will only pop back in to complete my Senate term, but nothing else will get done except for very urgent stuff. Handing off, or willing to hand off, any of my current roles and projects. Will reevaluate situation in a couple of months.

It's unlikely I'll be on Witt much (read: I won't visit Witt at all), so if anything truly urgent comes up, you know where to find me; if not, my address is ldaschir àð talossa pünt com.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Very worried and saddened by this news. I hope you and your family get through this.

In the meantime, your presence will be greatly missed. If there is ever anything any of us can do you for you, or if you just want to talk, let us know.

Stay strong my friend
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Ian Plätschisch

Very sorry to hear this. Best wishes.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Take care of yourself, my friend.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

We need a sad react on this board, but the guy who could make that happen is currently indisposed :(

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

All the best to you and yours, Luc. 
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito