Potential for l'Etats to edit other amendments (e.g. A9)

Started by xpb, August 27, 2023, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

As precedent may be set by the editing of CAG A5 by l'Etats for the striking of the name from the Keys to the Kingdom, so may there be requests from citizens of Cézembre for adjustment to A9 The 51st Cosa Lord Warden Election Act (while I would have to review what the contents of A11: The 52nd Cosa Lord Warden Election Act which was defeated) which set an alternative precedent of apparent requirement for a Lord Warden Election Act when Cézembre should wish to conduct the election.

I don't recognize A9 as being valid as it is bound to a specific past election. 

I also intend to conduct the next election for Lord Warden in the simplest way possible, which does not include Instant Runoff Voting or other similar schemes.  That procedure may be moot if there are only one or two candidates, but the inference being drawn from the nomination statement of the initial candidate indicates a desire to force the issue in some fashion.

If there is some alternative being considered, it should be proposed here in the RAK for discussion well prior to the election so any such action can then can be moved to l'Etats, rather than being pursued in some type of last minute cort action. 

I will likely oppose changes to the way the election is conducted, and if l'Etats does decide to change the manner of the election, it is certainly within the purview of that body to override my previous request as Sénéchal to conduct the election, and revert to the Chancery.

xpb

A tactic similar to this was employed near the Greater Talossan Area in Wisconsin

see article

Wisconsin governor's 400-year veto angers opponents in state with long history of creative cuts