News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Noli Timere Messorem

Started by Ián Tamorán S.H., September 10, 2023, 10:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ián Tamorán S.H.

Where have I been?

You may (but probably have not!) noticed that I've not been around much lately.  I still think Talossa is a superb idea and a most splendid realm – and nothing I do can (or should) change that.  But I am also getting older – and, again, there is nothing I can do to change that.

Are these two facts in conflict?  Well, sort of.  No, I sit at my computer keyboard most of the time during the day, typing madly away – but Yes, I'm too busy, in the (probably) short time left to me, writing new or completing previous books.  This last year I have completed and published a novel, completed and published (privately) a set of stories suitable for children, completed (and published privately) half a book of Star Wars 'incidents' – and the "half" is intentional, as I want to introduce my eldest grandchild to the art of writing – he will have to add the final chapters, under my guidance – and I have also constructed a radio script from one of my previous books (again, for children). Now I'm working on a novelette (whose plot involves an eccentric old man – a sort of self portrait – trying to find out why there is still water in the moat round a ruined castle.  Watch this space.)

Should any of you want copies of any of these or my previous works, just get in touch with me – all proceeds go to charity (Save The Children Fund).  [FYI it's better to contact me through idkk@idkk.com which I look at far more often than my Talossan email].

Though I am at my computer, I have very little spare time to be visible and productive in Talossa.  To give one example, I speak French, and hence Cézembre (the island from which our glorious Province draws its name) is most definitely a geographical place I should visit – but, alas, I am too (physically) unfit to get there.  Sigh.  I would love to once more see, in person, our monarch (hi John!), and shake the hand of our scribal linguist (hi Manus!), and our New Zealand polymath (hi Daphne!)... or should that be polymathS?... and our highly talented musical Taloss-historian (greetings, GV!)... and all the others of you, not forgotten but too numerous to mention, in many different parts of the globe (Sweden, Scotland, the UK, the USA, India, Canada... etc.).  Hello Everybody!
If any of you Talossans are ever in the UK, please contact me and we can have a drink or meal together - I live immediately next door to a Pub which has been running since 1582.  If you don't know what a Pub is, then you will have a great time finding out!

Being on the one hand in Talossa, and on the other hand writing to and about Talossa are very different things.  I do read most of the postings, but my batches of reading are spread apart in time: I try to read everything, but postings may be two or more weeks out of date before I get the (personal) time to look at them.  Rather than make comments on "old news", I just read it without comment (usually).  So, although I'm here, I'm not usually visible.

And if I'm not visible for more than a year?  Well, I've probably moved "elsewhere": Noli Timere Messorem.

Take care, all of you.
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan