News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

59th Election Discussion

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, September 14, 2023, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

The Senate race in Maricopa is too close to call but I would give the slightest edge to S:reu T. Davinescu

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on October 01, 2023, 06:17:33 PMVERY SCIENTIFIC PRELIMINARY EXIT POLL

Talossan National Congress: 100
Free Democrats of Talossa: 88
Dien: 12

This may not be as big of a blowout as people think.
Wow.  I'd better temper my expectations!  What's your methodology?  Randomly select people and ask them who they voted for?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on October 01, 2023, 06:33:02 PMWow.  I'd better temper my expectations!  What's your methodology?  Randomly select people and ask them who they voted for?
My methods are proprietary

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on October 01, 2023, 06:17:33 PMVERY SCIENTIFIC PRELIMINARY EXIT POLL

Talossan National Congress: 100
Free Democrats of Talossa: 88
Dien: 12

This may not be as big of a blowout as people think.
Woooowww!  This was almost exactly correct!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I deleted a previous reaction post because almost everything in it was wrong. :D

The only thing I can say at this point is that a Free Democrat preference tipped the balance in favor of the new Senator from Florencia, so maybe this bodes well for a new era of cooperation...

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

... all right, one more reaction.

The TNC were very confident going into this election because of high turnout. This appears to have been on the assumption that new voters were going to block-vote for the TNC like they did last time. I noted in the first week of the election, however, that new voters were slow to turn out, and on that basis I made the second FreeDems campaign email a pitch to them. I don't think it had huge success; in absolute terms, the FreeDem vote is pretty much the same as the "combined monarchy-skeptical" vote from last time (minus 1, being a certain ex-CpI ragemonster :D). But the crucial thing is that the TNC vote dropped in absolute terms, from 46 to 41. So maybe it was the FreeDems pitch; maybe re-electing a government is just not as exciting as overthrowing a nine-term government.

The other crucial thing was that every single member of the Free Democrats voted, better than we did last time. Without that, we would not be in the position we are now, where no party has the numbers on its own to go to the King and ask for their Seneschal candidate to be appointed. There will be some kind of deal, or there will be a Cosa vote. Exciting times. Third-best ever result for the FreeDems (in seats, rather than absolute votes).

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The triumphant return of My Graphs

You cannot view this attachment.

mximo

Nice I have my color and name in the graph ;)))

Mximo
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: mximo on October 06, 2023, 12:20:46 AMNice I have my color and name in the graph ;)))

Every party/independent candidate who stood in 2 or more elections has their own colour/line, no matter if they may have changed party names a dozen or more times.

mximo

Some have a lot of pocket votes
Me i have a lot of party names ;)))

Mximo
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator