News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Cultural activities planning and brainstorming

Started by Bråneu Excelsio, September 21, 2023, 08:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bråneu Excelsio

It has always given me great pleasure watching people do activities in which they invest time and care and whose purpose is to be shared with others. That's why when I see the dozens of pages in the TMT20 and TCAT threads I find that inspiring.

I feel like I haven't been able to contribute as much as I would like to Talossan culture, so I would like to focus some of my immediate future efforts on supporting new forms of group activities. If anyone considers supporting one, even just by participating, I would greatly appreciate it.


Some of the things that I've tought of are

- Talossan Book of Poetry 2023
I really liked El Pretz Poetry Contest last year, I thought that maybe if we could find a couple (or even taking those from last year into account) of poems from a bunch of participants we can do a nice little e-book.

- Doing a flyer to staple around the Faculty of Political Science (a few steps from my work) to make people curious and make them go to Talossa.com. Something like "Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Wanted" or something to make them dream instantly.

- Champions League / Provincial Representation
Now that Messi and Ronaldo are out of Europe I think the Champions League is a bit less exciting, although if Fiova can pick a team... you know the drill. Also, I don't know how much are you fellow talossans into "soccer". I always root for Italian teams but they have been doing very bad for a couple of years.

Does any of these ideas sound like something you would like to do too?

Do you have any ideas you could share?
Distáin. Minister of Defence. Minister of STUFF. COFFEE founder.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on September 21, 2023, 08:18:47 PMIt has always given me great pleasure watching people do activities in which they invest time and care and whose purpose is to be shared with others. That's why when I see the dozens of pages in the TMT20 and TCAT threads I find that inspiring.

I feel like I haven't been able to contribute as much as I would like to Talossan culture, so I would like to focus some of my immediate future efforts on supporting new forms of group activities. If anyone considers supporting one, even just by participating, I would greatly appreciate it.


Some of the things that I've tought of are

- Talossan Book of Poetry 2023
I really liked El Pretz Poetry Contest last year, I thought that maybe if we could find a couple (or even taking those from last year into account) of poems from a bunch of participants we can do a nice little e-book.

- Doing a flyer to staple around the Faculty of Political Science (a few steps from my work) to make people curious and make them go to Talossa.com. Something like "Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Wanted" or something to make them dream instantly.

- Champions League / Provincial Representation
Now that Messi and Ronaldo are out of Europe I think the Champions League is a bit less exciting, although if Fiova can pick a team... you know the drill. Also, I don't know how much are you fellow talossans into "soccer". I always root for Italian teams but they have been doing very bad for a couple of years.

Does any of these ideas sound like something you would like to do too?

Do you have any ideas you could share?


An idea that Danihel T. shared with me which I liked concerns the establishing an on-demand printing bookshop for Talossan writers. We have several active writers in our community and it could be a great cultural initiative to share their work as emblematic of the talent present in the Kingdom.

þerxh Sant-Enogat

What about creating an ´International Exhibition' where all our Provinces would select and display their best artistic production (photo, painting, novel, 3d art, poem, music, ..). Let's discover the Talossan artists and foster Provincial patriotism !
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Túischac'h dal 60:éă Cosă,
Duceu dal Aliançù Progreßïu

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

But won't that cause some hurt feelings when Maritiimi-Maxhestic wins everything due to the fact that we are the best province?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan


Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on September 22, 2023, 05:14:13 AMBut won't that cause some hurt feelings when Maritiimi-Maxhestic wins everything due to the fact that we are the best province?
mainland province you surely mean
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Túischac'h dal 60:éă Cosă,
Duceu dal Aliançù Progreßïu


Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on September 21, 2023, 08:18:47 PM- Talossan Book of Poetry 2023
I really liked El Pretz Poetry Contest last year, I thought that maybe if we could find a couple (or even taking those from last year into account) of poems from a bunch of participants we can do a nice little e-book.
Poetry slam!  It can go on @Breneir Tzaracomprada 's channel on YouTube, Fora Talossa (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUAUj7p5R8biz_hojLYwJ8A/videos)!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan


Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Bråneu Excelsio

@Bentxami Puntmasleu Azul, Bentxami, I saw in the Wiki that you're a student in the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.
I work in a University in Mexico and I'm designin some flyers to put near the Faculty of Political Science near my work.  @þerxh Sant-Enogat is working to do some online recruiting to expand the Kingdom of Talossa to scholars and University students of the world.
Do you think, living in the Great Talossan Area (The Capital, even!) could maybe help us with this effort?
I'm not sure what can be done but I'm just thinking out loud here, hehe.

Nice edits in the Talossawiki, btw!
Distáin. Minister of Defence. Minister of STUFF. COFFEE founder.

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on October 05, 2023, 09:00:39 PM@Bentxami Puntmasleu Azul, Bentxami, I saw in the Wiki that you're a student in the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.
I work in a University in Mexico and I'm designing some flyers to put near the Faculty of Political Science near my work.  @þerxh Sant-Enogat is working to do some online recruiting to expand the Kingdom of Talossa to scholars and University students of the world.
Do you think, living in the Great Talossan Area (The Capital, even!) could maybe help us with this effort?
I'm not sure what can be done but I'm just thinking out loud here, hehe.

Nice edits in the Talossawiki, btw!

Oh yeah, that is absolutely something I would be willing to help with. I don't have much artistic or graphic design talent (or even basic computer programming skills, for that matter) but, if someone could help me design a flyer, I would be more than happy to put some up. I think a lot of people would be very interested, but just aren't aware of Talossa's existence.

Just a thought: What if I were to start a student organization at UWM for Talossan  citizens, those interested in becoming citizens, and non-citizen well-wishers? I'm not actually sure if I have the time and energy to invest in that right now. I might, but I'd hate to start something only to abandon the project upon becoming too busy with other things. There would probably be a lot of details to sort out on both the Talossan and University ends. That said, I am considering it. I will look into what it takes to start a student organization at UWM. Even if it doesn't work out here, maybe others could do (now that I think of it, others probably have done) something like that in their hometowns.
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Bentxami Puntmasleu on October 06, 2023, 02:04:00 PMJust a thought: What if I were to start a student organization at UWM for Talossan  citizens, those interested in becoming citizens, and non-citizen well-wishers? I'm not actually sure if I have the time and energy to invest in that right now. I might, but I'd hate to start something only to abandon the project upon becoming too busy with other things. There would probably be a lot of details to sort out on both the Talossan and University ends. That said, I am considering it. I will look into what it takes to start a student organization at UWM. Even if it doesn't work out here, maybe others could do (now that I think of it, others probably have done) something like that in their hometowns.

I love this idea!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

As for cultural activities in general, I will think about that and post here if I have any ideas. I like @þerxh Sant-Enogat 's idea about a literary, artistic, etc. exhibition.
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

#11
Quote from: Bentxami Puntmasleu on October 06, 2023, 02:09:24 PMAs for cultural activities in general, I will think about that and post here if I have any ideas. I like @þerxh Sant-Enogat 's idea about a literary, artistic, etc. exhibition.

Bentxami, a copy of Ben Madison's 1994 "Big History" of Talossa was donated to the Golda Meir Library at UWM. Can you tell me if it's still there?

More information on the historical connection of UWM and Talossa is available on page 25 of the 1996 "National Atlas", reproducecd here. I believe that the former capital of Atatürk, "Pint da Glaça" is the pedestrian overbridge from the Golda Meir library, but I can't find a reference for that right now.

You cannot view this attachment.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 06, 2023, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: Bentxami PuBentxami, a copy ofurl="https://wiki.talossa.com/images/e/eb/Big_History.pdf"]Ben Madison's 1994 "Big History" of Talossa[/url] was donated to the Golda Meir Library at UWM. Can you tell me if it's still there?

More information on the historical connection of UWM and Talossa is available on page 25 of the 1996 "National Atlas", reproducecd here. I believe that the former capital of Atatürk, "Pint da Glaça" is the pedestrian overbridge from the Golda Meir library, but I can't find a reference for that right now.

You cannot view this attachment.

Wow, I didn't know about that. Yes, according to the catalog, there are two copies there: one in the stacks available for checkout, another in the archives. I'll probably take a look at it Sunday.
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Bråneu Excelsio

Distáin. Minister of Defence. Minister of STUFF. COFFEE founder.

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

#14
About starting a Talossan student organization at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: I just though I'd share some of what I learned (and reasonably speculate) about forming such an organization because I mentioned it earlier in this thread. Bear in mind that, while I would very much like to start something like this, I may not be able to do so, as I have a lot going on in other aspects of my life, and I don't want to start something if I can't see it through.

Forming a student organization at UWM will require at least four registered students (to serve as president, vice president, sectretary, and treasurer) and one faculty advisor. That leaves three fellow students for me to recruit and a faculty member. Here I will ask: Are any of my fellow Talossan citizens also UWM students or faculty, or personal friends of them? That's of course fine if not (or if you'd rather not say). I just thought I'd ask.

Something worth pointing out is that, as a UWM-affiliated organization, it would follow UWM rules and not necessarily anything spelled out in the Organic Law of Talossa, El Lexhatx, or Talossan government decrees. Non-citizens may join and fully participate (including voting and holding office). Further, I'm pretty sure that Talossan citizens who are not UWM students or staff may not participate (at least officially; I'm not sure whether or not they can show up to meetings, etc.). It would be better to think of such an organization as more of an international/interinstitutional friendships association than as an organ of the Talossan state.

If anything in the preceding paragraph poses a problem, I (or someone else) could try setting up an independent (of any non-Talossan institution) organization for Talossans residing in or around the GTA. The downside of that is we wouldn't have as easy access to the space and other resources that UWM affiliation could provide. I understand that the Benitians of Ohio (the Cjovani) have been quite successful in building an IRL community. Perhaps they could offer me some advice?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance from my fellow GTA (or vicinity) resident-citizens as well

In any case, I would love to collaborate with someone who is good at graphic design on a recruitment flyer (if only to encourage unaware GTA residents to look our nation up online and consider applying for citizenship).
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode