The Ranked Choice Voting (Surgery on the Flesh) Bill

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, October 02, 2023, 03:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

OK how about this:

Quote14.7.1. If no such distinction can be made between the tied candidates because all have the same number of ballots assigned to them after each count, preliminary subsequent counts shall be conducted under multiple scenarios. Each scenario shall eliminate one of the tied candidates.

14.7.1.1 If the different scenarios described by B.14.7.1 result in the same winner of the election overall, that candidate shall be declared the winner.

14.7.1.2 If the different scenarios described by B.14.7.1 result in different winners of the election overall, all of the originally tied candidates who would not win under any scenario shall be eliminated simultaneously, and subsequent counts shall proceed according to B.14.6. If all of the tied candidates would win under at least one scenario, the result shall be considered a tie between all candidates who would win under at least one scenario, and shall be resolved in accordance with the Organic Law.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

But but but guys, I just want the international standard practice - reverting to the previous non-tied round, if there is one. :(

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 06, 2023, 10:24:38 PMBut but but guys, I just want the international standard practice - reverting to the previous non-tied round, if there is one. :(
We agree on that.

We're discussing what to do if there is no previous non-tied round.

mximo

Azul,

But how I can lost Florencia senatorial election...

Round 1

Mximo 4
Rosa 2
Gracu 1
Acafat 1
No'ac'h 1

No majority for Mximo

Therefore last candidate is out of the race in this case their is 3 names

Round 2 ( Only the second choice of someone out of the race most count now)
Mximo 4 + 1  = 5
Rosa 2
Present 2 ( since they all vote for sombebody out of the race)

Mximo wins...

How can somebody with only one vote like Acafat can tie with me ever...

First we need to stop write-in candidacy.
Second we need to force people to vote each round, a ballot with only one vote should not count.

Mximo Carbonèl

Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Mximo, you won the election on the second tally, so I fail to see what your issue is other than write-in votes. Why would we disallow that? I may not agree with certain Talossans who use write-ins in the manner they were used, but we also have citizens who are not active or even use Wittenberg. We need to allow write-ins for those citizens so they can still participate. Removing write-ins risks disenfranchising voters, which is distasteful to me.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

mximo

Azul,

Firstly, some individuals in the aforementioned discussion suggest there might a possibility for me to lose the Florencia Senatorial election. I seek clarification on this matter. It appears to me that there's misleading information circulating, propagated perhaps by an MC, suggesting someone with just one preliminary vote could defeat me with some magical math. This notion seems preposterous, and I'd appreciate further insight.

Secondly, the inaugural post about the elections surfaced in our discussion group on July 13. This means that news regarding the election became public two months ahead of the actual event. Our election cycles aren't that lengthy. Moreover, the legitimacy of the voting process is questionable when an entire family, unknown to many mostly 'dandelions', casts votes for their members. A blank vote might seem more meaningful. Becoming a Senator is an important task; it is not a decision you make overnight. It would therefore be important that candidates are at least able to know the registration date and the voting date before starting, right?
The irony : the position of Governor is still available. There are also seats in the Nimlet that remain vacant election after election. Where are them ?

Lastly, will there be opportunities for debates? As for the current state of Senate elections, they are far from ideal, one of them in cort. There's a pressing need for reform, which I am committed to addressing. But I have to question: can unknown entities, like these 'dandelions' I've just learned of, truly be deemed worthy candidates? Yes, it remains their right to be candidate, so they can simply register. Is it really too much to ask to know against whom one is campaigning? Is registration truly such a daunting task? If the answer is yes, then they shouldn't be a candidate because theirs is a lot more tasks ahead for them if they win.

Sir, with all my respect.

Mximo Carbonèl
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Regardless of whether someone may be claiming a different result Senator, you were declared the winner so you have nothing to worry about. You clearly met the requirements of ranked choice voting and won on the second tally. That election is resolved.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: mximo on October 17, 2023, 02:20:56 PM[...]some magical math.[...]

I literally Lol'd. Ranked Choice being some kind of magic is becoming a meme, I like it.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

All right you guys, is this the current consensus?

Quote14.7. If, after any count, there are two or more candidates with the fewest ballots assigned to them, the candidate with the fewest ballots assigned to them after the previous count shall be eliminated. If the candidates were also tied after the previous count, the candidate with the fewest ballots assigned to them after the count before that shall be eliminated, and so on until one candidate is eliminated.

14.7.1. If no such distinction can be made between the tied candidates because all have the same number of ballots assigned to them after each count, preliminary subsequent counts shall be conducted under multiple scenarios. Each scenario shall eliminate one of the tied candidates.

14.7.1.1 If the different scenarios described by B.14.7.1 result in the same winner of the election overall, that candidate shall be declared the winner.

14.7.1.2 If the different scenarios described by B.14.7.1 result in different winners of the election overall, all of the originally tied candidates who would not win under any scenario shall be eliminated simultaneously, and subsequent counts shall proceed according to B.14.6. If all of the tied candidates would win under at least one scenario, the result shall be considered a tie between all candidates who would win under at least one scenario, and shall be resolved in accordance with the Organic Law.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan