News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Mençei for 59th Cosa

Started by Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu, October 06, 2023, 09:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Estimats Senators

In accordance with the standing rules of the Senate, the Mençei is chosen at the beginning of each term.  It says in the absence of a Mençei, the Dean of the Senate shall conduct the election.  However, there is a sitting Mençei (me), so I believe it falls to me to conduct the election.

Thus, pursuant to Standing Rules 2.3, "The Acting Mençei shall allow for nominations to be lodged for a period of at least a week from the beginning of a term. Should a Senator receive nominations from a majority of Senators, the nomination period shall end and the Senator be considered duly elected; otherwise, a ballot shall be held using Instant Runoff Voting. Seniority shall resolve any ties that may occur during any stage of elimination."

I would like to open nominations from this date (10/6/23) for a period of 1 week (concluding 10/13/23) to allow our newly and re-elected colleagues an opportunity to pay their fees.  Should a Senator receive nominations from a majority of the body, that shall conclude the election immediately.  Otherwise, we shall proceed to a formal election.  Please make your nominations in this thread.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Ian Plätschisch

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

mximo

Azul,

I do not wish to submit a candidacy, please keep us informed if we have to vote.

Sincerely,

Mximo Carbonèl
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

The Chancery has confirmed that the Treasury has confirmed that my fee has been received, so it looks like I'm back. It's been 7 cosa terms since I last served in the senate and 16! since I first entered this chamber. That feels like a ridiculously long time, although I realise some of you were senators much earlier still. Anyway, looking forward to working with all of you (although I probably won't be doing too much).

Also, I support the nomination of the senator for Mariitimi-Maxhestic for the position of Mençei.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on October 06, 2023, 02:56:43 PMIt's been 7 cosa terms since I last served in the senate and 16! since I first entered this chamber.
Wow, I can't believe it's been 20,922,789,888,000 terms since you first entered this chamber.

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on October 06, 2023, 04:08:09 PM
Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on October 06, 2023, 02:56:43 PMIt's been 7 cosa terms since I last served in the senate and 16! since I first entered this chamber.
Wow, I can't believe it's been 20,922,789,888,000 terms since you first entered this chamber.
Heh, nice one
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

To note, the Senator from MM now holds 3 nominations of 8.  If two more senators support the nomination, we can dispense with a vote.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Right now there are only 7 seated Senators while we await the tie-breaker in Maricopa.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 07, 2023, 10:43:41 AMRight now there are only 7 seated Senators while we await the tie-breaker in Maricopa.

Correct, but I am unsure as to whether the standing rules refer to the whole body, or only that which is seated.  Two additional senators will do the job in either case.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Reminder to the chamber.  Two days remain to nominate for the Lord President.  If any one senator is nominated by a majority, we can dispense with an election.

The Honorable from MM currently holds 3 nominations.  There are currently no other candidates.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Now that the Maricopa Senate race has concluded, I would like to nominate myself for Mençei.
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

There are now two candidates for the office of Mençei for the 59th Cosa.

• Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat of Maricopa
  • Ian Plätschisch of Maritiimi-Maxhestic

Senators will please express their preference of candidates in this thread.  The deadline for the election is 10/20/23 at 2:30pm Talossan time.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

I cast my vote for Ian Plätschisch.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Ian Plätschisch

I vote for myself.

I also wonder whether someone who is currently enjoined from assuming his Senate seat can be a candidate.