News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Breaking the Tie

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, October 06, 2023, 09:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

It falls to the Premieir of Maricopa, @Danihel Txechescu, to break the tie that exists between Carlus Vilacafat and Txotue Davinescu for the position of Senator of Maricopa.

Please advise at your earliest convenience so that the new Senator may be duly seated.

Secretár d'Estat/Secretary of State
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 06, 2023, 09:33:38 AMIt falls to the Premieir of Maricopa, @Danihel Txechescu, to break the tie that exists between Carlus Vilacafat and Txotue Davinescu for the position of Senator of Maricopa.

Please advise at your earliest convenience so that the new Senator may be duly seated.

This is so exciting! A few days ago I was thinking we could host a Death Match cage in our very own province, but then I looked at the safe box and how much we need to allocate to this, and, well, I'm not sure we can afford this even if we rent it the following thousand weekends.

Anyway and first of all, are the two candidates still up for the task? Please confirm you're still on for this race.

Second is the method with which we'll break this tie. Because, clearly, you guys have already made a bad decision by choosing ME as Premieir of Maricopa, I'll continue this tradition of bad choices by employing a traditional game of chance.

My first and natural choice is a coin toss; not any coin, you see, but a $10 pesos coin, which is the only instrument that can be used for the most important decisions in life, and this one too.

I can also offer my kids' preferred method: La Pirinola. It's a spinning top with 8-sides, used for a very entertaining game, but the one I have has two colors (red and blue), so a single spin will decide the winner.

Should you decide for flipping a coin or for spinning la pirinola, I'll assign the sides of the coin or the colors of the pirinola randomly. I can set up a live event covering this and the selection itself.

Let me know your method of choice. If there is no agreement on the method, my kids will decide. Or if you really insist on the Death Match cage, I'll see what we can arrange.

Bråneu Excelsio

La Pirinola de Maricopa?

(What about a Poker duel, since it's Maricopa?)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on October 06, 2023, 08:12:03 PMLa Pirinola de Maricopa?

That conductor is so incredibly handsome. <3

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 06, 2023, 08:34:05 PM
Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on October 06, 2023, 08:12:03 PMLa Pirinola de Maricopa?

That conductor is so incredibly handsome. <3
Coincidentaly, being Venezuelan, he'd be a Maricopan.

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on October 06, 2023, 08:12:03 PM[...](What about a Poker duel, since it's Maricopa?)

That was my first thought, but I wouldn't know how to organize that. I'll leave that option open too because that's a legitimate way to settle things in Maricopa.

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on October 06, 2023, 07:17:21 PMAnyway and first of all, are the two candidates still up for the task? Please confirm you're still on for this race.

Second is the method with which we'll break this tie. Because, clearly, you guys have already made a bad decision by choosing ME as Premieir of Maricopa, I'll continue this tradition of bad choices by employing a traditional game of chance.

My first and natural choice is a coin toss; not any coin, you see, but a $10 pesos coin, which is the only instrument that can be used for the most important decisions in life, and this one too.

I can also offer my kids' preferred method: La Pirinola. It's a spinning top with 8-sides, used for a very entertaining game, but the one I have has two colors (red and blue), so a single spin will decide the winner.

Should you decide for flipping a coin or for spinning la pirinola, I'll assign the sides of the coin or the colors of the pirinola randomly. I can set up a live event covering this and the selection itself.

Let me know your method of choice. If there is no agreement on the method, my kids will decide. Or if you really insist on the Death Match cage, I'll see what we can arrange.

I am still on for this race.
Method of choice: Something poker/card related. In lieu of that, I choose the second most Maricopan sounding option: la pirinola but only if the sides are Maricopa Green and Maricopa Orange. Though I suppose I could settle for Talossan Green and Red.
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Do you need consent from Txoteu Davinescu, or is Carlüs going to win by default if you don't hear from him? Because I think he's away for the weekend.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 07, 2023, 03:39:55 PMDo you need consent from Txoteu Davinescu, or is Carlüs going to win by default if you don't hear from him? Because I think he's away for the weekend.

I'm fine with the tie breaker
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM on October 08, 2023, 09:01:23 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 07, 2023, 03:39:55 PMDo you need consent from Txoteu Davinescu, or is Carlüs going to win by default if you don't hear from him? Because I think he's away for the weekend.

Can you also clarify which method is preferred? This is the current order of preference:
1) Poker
2) Pirinola
3) Coin toss

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on October 09, 2023, 10:43:08 AM
Quote from: Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM on October 08, 2023, 09:01:23 PM

Can you also clarify which method is preferred? This is the current order of preference:
1) Poker
2) Pirinola
3) Coin toss

I'm sorry to put a rush on, but the parties need to know which person will be seated as a senator so they can finalize their Cosa lists.

Thanks!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on October 09, 2023, 10:43:08 AM
Quote from: Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM on October 08, 2023, 09:01:23 PMI'm fine with the tie breaker

1) Poker
2) Pirinola
3) Coin toss

Gentle reminder, @Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM, please respond ASAP as the challenge currently stands on Poker.

Bråneu Excelsio

In a given situation where one candidate can't make it to the tournament, what if they can choose a Champion to represent them in a Poker Duel?

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on October 10, 2023, 08:43:14 PMIn a given situation where one candidate can't make it to the tournament, what if they can choose a Champion to represent them in a Poker Duel?

That's not allowed. Candidates need to face each other and win their own hand.

That said, I'm not seeing engagement for this important procedure from @Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM. Can you confirm you are able to continue with this challenge and for the whole term?

Bråneu Excelsio

Alright. Just wanted to play some Poker.