Sénéchal and l'Etats de Cézembre October 2023 Polling Station

Started by xpb, October 18, 2023, 01:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

This thread will be used for October 2023 public votes for Sénéchal and l'Etats de Cézembre

As per statue, the nomination process was set for 9-16 October.  The polling should have started yesterday (however I was traveling and could not get it completed) thus it starts now and must end by statute on 30 October.

Part 1: for Sénéchal

There is one candidate

1. @þerxh Sant-Enogat

You may vote for the candidate or vote present.

Part 2: for l'Etats de Cézembre

There are three candidates:

1. @Glüc da Dhi S.H. of the Moderate Radical Party of Cézembre (MRPC)

2. @þerxh Sant-Enogat of the Talossan National Congress [TNC]

3. @X. Pol Briga of the XPB party

You can vote present, or vote for one, two, or three candidates for l'Etats

HOW TO VOTE

PUBLIC: Voters will be able to vote on Wittenberg publicly in a single vote thread (THIS THREAD) created for casting votes on Wittenberg.  Voters may vote for a candidate for Part 1, or up to three candidates in Part 2, or vote PRESENT on or before 30 October, 2023 19:30 TST (UTC-5) (This corresponds to 19:30 in Milwaukee (WI), USA and 31 October 2023 02:30 CÉST Cézembre Time)

SECRET: Voters will receive by email a ballot from the Electionbuddy.com system by which they may cast their ballot in the same timeframe

xpb

My votes are as follows

Part 1 (select 0 or 1)
I select 1
þerxh Sant-Enogat

Part 2 (select 0 or up to 3)
I select 2
Glüc da Dhi S.H. of the Moderate Radical Party of Cézembre (MRPC)
þerxh Sant-Enogat of the Talossan National Congress [TNC]

þerxh Sant-Enogat

My votes are as follows

Part 1 (select 0 or 1)
I select 1
þerxh Sant-Enogat

Part 2 (select 0 or up to 3)
I select 2
Glüc da Dhi S.H. of the Moderate Radical Party of Cézembre (MRPC)
X Paul Briga of the XPB Party
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

xpb

Less than a week remains in this election period.

There are 16 citizens of Cézembre

2 votes have been received in this public thread

The results are hidden in the secret ballot, but of the 16 ballots mailed, only one has been opened (by a person voting in this thread instead), and no votes made as of yet.

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN

Litz Cjantscheir LLB, LLM
Senior Justice/Judge of the Cort Pü Inalt

xpb

Polls have closed.  In addition to those recorded in public there were additional votes in the Electionbuddy.com system, which will be tallied with an available audit trail.

xpb

After administrative review, I hereby attest that the ballots received from Electionbuddy are not duplicates from public voters.

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Tell me if I'm correct :
MRPC has 3 votes, XPB Party has 4 votes, TNC has 4 votes.
According to the CAG : "Article 9. After elections to l'Etats, each party will receive 20 numbers, which will be produced by dividing the number of votes the party received by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. The 20 highest numbers will be referred to as high quotients. In case the 20th highest number has the same value as the 21th highest number all numbers with the same value will not be considered high quotients. This will result in vacant seats in the assembly. Each party will receive a number of seats, equal to the number of high quotients it received. Each party may divide its seats amongst Cézembrian citizens as it sees fit"

votes   3   4        4
1   3   4   4
2   1.5   2   2
3   1   1.33   1.33
4   0.75   1   1
5   0.6   0.8   0.8
6   0.5   0.67   0.67
7   0.43   0.57   0.57
8   0.375   0.5   0.5

This method allocates 7 seats to XPB Party, 7 seats to TNC, 5 seats to MRPC (and the 20th seat is not allocated as the 20th highest number (0.5 in this case) has the same value as the 21th highest.
As one citizen cannot have more than 6 seats, XPB party and TNC must give at least one of their vote to a second individual to enjoy the full benefit of their 7 seats.
Sénéchal de Cézembre,

xpb

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on October 31, 2023, 08:39:31 AMTell me if I'm correct :
MRPC has 3 votes, XPB Party has 4 votes, TNC has 4 votes.
According to the CAG : "Article 9. After elections to l'Etats, each party will receive 20 numbers, which will be produced by dividing the number of votes the party received by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. The 20 highest numbers will be referred to as high quotients. In case the 20th highest number has the same value as the 21th highest number all numbers with the same value will not be considered high quotients. This will result in vacant seats in the assembly. Each party will receive a number of seats, equal to the number of high quotients it received. Each party may divide its seats amongst Cézembrian citizens as it sees fit"

votes    3    4        4
1    3    4    4
2    1.5    2    2
1    1.33    1.33
4    0.75    1    1
5    0.6    0.8    0.8
6    0.5    0.67    0.67
7    0.43    0.57    0.57
8    0.375    0.5    0.5

This method allocates 7 seats to XPB Party, 7 seats to TNC, 5 seats to MRPC (and the 20th seat is not allocated as the 20th highest number (0.5 in this case) has the same value as the 21th highest.
As one citizen cannot have more than 6 seats, XPB party and TNC must give at least one of their vote to a second individual to enjoy the full benefit of their 7 seats.

Using the calculator I believe you are correct

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Congratulations to the winning parties!

I hereby assign the MRPC seats to myself.

Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

þerxh Sant-Enogat

@xpb and @þerxh Sant-Enogat give 2 seats each to @Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN

the composition of l'Etats is therefore, as of today :
total : 19 seats

Sénéchal de Cézembre,

xpb

As I am no longer moderator, I can't unsticky this.