News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Gender Law

Started by DaveJones, May 19, 2020, 02:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveJones

Azul!

I'm a prospective citizen and I like to know your opinion about a Gender Law that allows citizens to be Non-Binary oficially.

Nice to meet you all.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I approve of this idea in principle. At the moment, no records are kept of any citizens' gender and if they wish to formally announce a different gender identity that's as simple as changing their name.

There are no Talossan laws specifically pertaining to gender that I can see, apart from abortion being framed as a "women's" issue in the Covenants, and the provision that a female monarch is called Queen. I have been opposed to the latter for ages, because Florence Yarney was our monarch as King and there was nothing wrong with that.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

DaveJones

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on May 19, 2020, 04:38:14 PM
I approve of this idea in principle. At the moment, no records are kept of any citizens' gender and if they wish to formally announce a different gender identity that's as simple as changing their name.

There are no Talossan laws specifically pertaining to gender that I can see, apart from abortion being framed as a "women's" issue in the Covenants, and the provision that a female monarch is called Queen. I have been opposed to the latter for ages, because Florence Yarney was our monarch as King and there was nothing wrong with that.
So, there is no problem for anyone to change their gender or even to change it to other genders non-binary?

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Dave Jones on May 19, 2020, 05:31:23 PM
Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on May 19, 2020, 04:38:14 PM

So, there is no problem for anyone to change their gender or even to change it to other genders non-binary?

No problem at all.  We don't have gender laws.  The only time we ask about it is during immigration, but as you probably just noticed, the field on that form is a 'write-in' text box where you can put any answer, instead of fixed choices. 
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Ián Tamorán S.H.

There was a suggestion (by me), elsewhere and elsewhen, about our using a gender-neutral escutcheon in our armorial bearings.
It was a suggestion that, alas, went down like a lead balloon.

Perhaps I should try to revive it... <grin>
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.