State Opening planning

Started by Sir Lüc, November 01, 2023, 11:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Pursuant to Lex.H.1, I am required to begin preparations for a State Opening of the Ziu. Unfortunately, parts of the agenda are a little moot, as I imagine the Seneschal will want to name a Cabinet in short order instead of waiting around for a State Opening. The Seneschal himself has also already been officially appointed, though he could still be sworn in as a formality.

However, unlike the previous term, this time we have the option of taking advantage of the H.1 provision combining a State Opening and a Living Cosă: we'd have the King swear in the Seneschal, the Seneschal outlining his programme, the Opposition rebutting, and debate and voting taking place on the First Clark.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I remember when the new Seneschal had to telephone the King and recite the oath in Talossan. When it was my turn, I had a now disgraced former Secretary of State help me by writing the oath out phonetically so I could speak Talossan and swear on a copy of The Loom of Language. I miss some of those more quirky rituals we used to have.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I downloaded an e-book of The Loom Of Language for my swearing in!

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Bråneu Excelsio

Sir Lüc

To be clear -- the Government should make up their mind about what exactly they want to happen, since I can't compel anyone to attend, and most of the ceremony is centered around the Seneschal.

I will be happy to conduct the proceedings and to facilitate the scheduling of the event, but I can't do much more. Whether the agenda includes a swearing-in, and/or a Cabinet announcement, and/or a Speech from the Throne, and/or a rebuttal from the Opposition, etc., is not up to me.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă