Welcome to Wittenberg!

Author Topic: To whom is the Senator referring?  (Read 28 times)

Offline Miestrâ Schiva, UrN

• Prime Minister
  • Citizen
  • Large and In Charge
    • View Profile
    • Free Democrats of Talossa
To whom is the Senator referring?
« on: May 22, 2020, 04:49:44 PM »
In an otherwise impressive display of the art known in our national language as nas-bråneu, the Senator from Maricopa made a shocking accusation:

Had it not been for a sudden busy life with work and 3 kids coupled with some very unfortunate incidents caused by some wily Talossan(s) who tried to invade his personal life and create havoc, we wouldn't have to see a situation when our great AD looked at the Witt once in a while. In fact there should be a ban on such individuals from joining Talossa later as 'returning citizens'.

To whom is the Senator referring here? I'm pretty sure I know the incident to which he is referring (which targeted Admiral Timoþeu Asmorescu as well as Sir AD), but who is the "Talossan(s)" he believes to be the culprit?

Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Talossa. Ask me anything.

"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Offline Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

• Citizen
  • Tanáischteu of the Conscientious Opposition
    • Talossan since: 2006 (ish)

• View Profile
Re: To whom is the Senator referring?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 07:56:02 PM »
My money is on... well, me.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Offline Eðo Grischun

• Senator (Vuode) & Interior Minister
  • Citizen
    • Talossan since: 20 February 2009

• View Profile
Re: To whom is the Senator referring?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 09:31:17 PM »
I'm not 100% sure if he meant to mean the incident was carried out by a "returning citizen" or if he has just clumsily smashed two separate streams of thought together. But, we can let him answer that question.

I'd need to go back and analyse everything that happened and was said way back then to remind myself of it all, but if I was a betting man I would put my money on that incident not having being perpetrated by a returning citizen from the RoT, but was actually carried out by someone who was a Kingdom citizen from before reunision.

Personally, I think the best part of the Senator's speech was the near sycophantic fawning, which is just ever so poetically heartwarming.
The Rt. Hon. Senator Éovart Grischun S.H.
Minister of the Interior
Senator of Vuode