News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

To whom is the Senator referring?

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, May 22, 2020, 04:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

In an otherwise impressive display of the art known in our national language as nas-bråneu, the Senator from Maricopa made a shocking accusation:

QuoteHad it not been for a sudden busy life with work and 3 kids coupled with some very unfortunate incidents caused by some wily Talossan(s) who tried to invade his personal life and create havoc, we wouldn't have to see a situation when our great AD looked at the Witt once in a while. In fact there should be a ban on such individuals from joining Talossa later as 'returning citizens'.

To whom is the Senator referring here? I'm pretty sure I know the incident to which he is referring (which targeted Admiral Timoþeu Asmorescu as well as Sir AD), but who is the "Talossan(s)" he believes to be the culprit?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Eðo Grischun

I'm not 100% sure if he meant to mean the incident was carried out by a "returning citizen" or if he has just clumsily smashed two separate streams of thought together. But, we can let him answer that question.

I'd need to go back and analyse everything that happened and was said way back then to remind myself of it all, but if I was a betting man I would put my money on that incident not having being perpetrated by a returning citizen from the RoT, but was actually carried out by someone who was a Kingdom citizen from before reunision.

Personally, I think the best part of the Senator's speech was the near sycophantic fawning, which is just ever so poetically heartwarming.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

I never did make any efforts to learn the language apart from those used in the CoAs. Does the word used mean a 'No brainer' or the racial slurry 'brown nose' [nas - m: nose; braneu - a: brown] ?

For statements made in the Senate, I'd would have rather answered there. Who I hold responsible doesn't make a difference. I am only urging the Nation to make good our policies to such an extent that those citizens who are a blot on the name of the Nation should not be allowed to re-enter Talossan if they choose to quit.

ESB, I hold no personal grudge against you apart from the fact that you singularly was responsible for waste of my time, effort, energy (and probably some money too spent on internet time) for designing the CoAs for the sock-puppets.

If BenArd doesn't ruffle the feathers once in a while, Talossa just goes into non activity. ;)

Love Talossa too for the love it has shown towards me... I am probably the only one, who despite being the prodigal citizen, was once searched by many a Talossans and a poster created for this very purpose. 
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Eðo Grischun

Yeah, the translation is brown nosing, but it is not a racial slur.  Brown nosing = obsequious ass kissing.  As a Scot would put it, "sooking right up the boss's arse".
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on May 27, 2020, 02:34:15 PM
Yeah, the translation is brown nosing, but it is not a racial slur.  Brown nosing = obsequious ass kissing.  As a Scot would put it, "sooking right up the boss's arse".

In case these idioms go over the Senator's head, let me use a formal term: sycophancy.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on May 27, 2020, 01:04:03 PM
For statements made in the Senate, I'd would have rather answered there. Who I hold responsible doesn't make a difference.

No, no. You don't get to do that. You don't get to smear "unnamed individuals" and leave them unnamed, so everyone can wonder about who you mean, or if you have secret information. That's what Joseph McCarthy used to do.

Name names, or admit you're making mischief.