Nomination to the UC

Started by Ian Plätschisch, April 22, 2020, 02:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I apologize for breaking the rules.  I was confused.  Rule 14 states:

"14. The first speech of the hearing shall be reserved to the nominee himself, unless he reject this privilege knowingly and willfully, so that he may make his own introduction. The Chairman or Deputy Chairman may invite that the nominee make the final speech."

The first speech is reserved to me, and in combination with the wording about the final speech, I assumed that you were simply waiting for me to proceed.  I didn't think that Rule 9 applied in this regard, but in the future I will request leave to speak when otherwise prompted by the rules.

So it was a simple misunderstanding on my part.  Won't happen again.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Açafat del Val

Please don't fret it at all! There was no harm caused (or intended), and I certainly did not mean to suggest otherwise.

In fact, it may have been for the better; perhaps the Senator for Maricopa would not have said anything in time without having seen your reply when he did.

I very, very, very much prefer that someone participate, even if they erred on the rules, than that someone not participate at all.

Speaking of which: Folks, if you'd like to ask Alex questions, please let me know. You don't need to be a Senator.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Açafat del Val

I have edited the original post concerning the schedule to reflect speaking time recognized and given to the Senator for Maritiimi-Maxhestic, a.k.a. Ian Plätschisch.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Açafat del Val

I have edited the original post concerning the schedule to reflect speaking time recognized and given to the Seneschal, a.k.a. Miestrâ Schivâ, UrN.

QuoteEDIT2: Commencing on Tuesday, June 9th, and until the end of Thursday, June 11th, as according to standard Talossan time, the incumbent Seneschal, the most honourable Dame Miestrâ Schivâ, UrN, shall have the same as before mentioned for myself. However, in consideration of the conflicting timezones, this time may be extended if the Seneschal makes so a request, so that a sufficient numbers of questions may be asked and a quality of answers be given.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia