CRL/Hopper Thread handling "quasi-guidelines"

Started by Sir Lüc, November 21, 2023, 05:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Consensus-based state of affairs for Hopper-CRL operation

• Bill gets Hoppered
  • MZs debate on merits and content
  • Proponent ("main sponsor") may request moving to committee after ten days
  • CRL member manually moves thread to committee (prepend [CRL])
  • CRL members review on form
  • Bills may be Clarked, possibly as amended, once 2 CRL members approve / 30 days pass
  • If the bill passes, CRL member/SOS manually archives thread to the Hopper Archive (prepend [PASSED])
  • If the bill is rejected, CRL member/SOS manually moves thread back to the Hopper due to the provisions of H.2.1.6.1.*

*: This is effectively a gray area, but if the bill cannot be resubmitted unamended, then it's much better for it to be returned to the Hopper where debate on substance can happen. I'm open to other suggestions though, but I will probably seek to legislate to clear up the whole of H.2.1 anyway.

Original proposal follows

Attn other members of the CRL, @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu and @GV , SoS @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB , and all other members of the Ziu: following the recent change in how the Hopper functions, with threads moving to the archive so that the Hopper itself only comprises bills under active consideration, I propose that we also move bills to the CRL board once they move to committee, so that there's no need to copypaste the bill's body, no need to have threads with duplicate titles or [CRL] brackets, and so to further improve bill tracking.

In practice, this could happen by simply having the main sponsor request a bill be moved to committee by tagging any CRL member(s) in a comment under the bill thread itself; the latter would then move the bill to this subboard.

Thoughts? Opinions? Disagreements?
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

Bumping this in light of recent events surrounding the Nonpartisan SoS Act.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Sir Lüc

In the absence of negative feedback, consider this provisionally adopted :/
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time: