The Nonpartisan SoS Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, December 02, 2023, 07:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on December 03, 2023, 02:50:22 PM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on December 03, 2023, 09:21:28 AMI would argue this proposed law violates the third covenant.

QuoteTalossans have the right to freely organize political parties and other organizations, subject to their own laws of membership, and this right may not be abridged except with regards to organizations which advocate the use of violence or intimidation to attain political or other ends, or which seek to restrain any person or group of people from the exercise of their rights as granted under these Covenants.

I would strongly disagree. We're not talking about the right to be a party officer. Anyone has that right. We are talking about requirements for secretary of state. This is a government function. It's is perfectly valid for the ziu to set restrictions on who can hold such a position. If this proposal were to pass anyone would still be free to become a party officer. They just could not also be sos. Super broad interpretations of convenants are dangerous, because it reduces the ability of the ziu and the people to hold the government accountable. The convenants should protect citizens from the state, not the other way round.

This was a well-stated response, @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB Do you have thoughts on this alternative view? @Ian Plätschisch ?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Also, @mximo
I have withdrawn from the proposal but if you are still in support of it. It is open to being sponsored by you since you are a senator.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

I wasn't arguing one way or the other about whether this bill is inorganic. I was making the broader point that if someone believes a bill to be inorganic, they should not vote for it.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Everyone is free to have their own opinions. I was simply stating my belief that it may be inorganic. Reasonable people can disagree :-)
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on December 04, 2023, 08:27:11 AMI wasn't arguing one way or the other about whether this bill is inorganic. I was making the broader point that if someone believes a bill to be inorganic, they should not vote for it.

Oh OK understood.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

A couple quick updates.
We are a week out now from the period when Txec began his own considerations on creating an internal Chancery policy concerning the taking of partisan positions. No update yet but hopeful.
Senator Mximo is positively inclined toward taking on sponsorship as he supports the initiative. The TNC is currently in a week-long vote on their official stance on the bill, according to my last communication with him.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on December 10, 2023, 02:34:07 PMSenator Mximo is positively inclined toward taking on sponsorship as he supports the initiative. The TNC is currently in a week-long vote on their official stance on the bill, according to my last communication with him.

Another update, to the best of my knowledge, the TNC internal vote was in support of the bill, in support of allowing Mximo to sponsor, or both. Just waiting on a sponsor now.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

That's interesting; from what sources is a former member getting info on TNC internal discussions?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 20, 2023, 02:48:35 PMThat's interesting; from what sources is a former member getting info on TNC internal discussions?

That's a great question, Miestra.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

"I'M IN YOUR BASE KILLING RECRUITING YOUR D00DS" - Brenéir to Bråneu and Þerxh :D

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 21, 2023, 01:16:21 PM"I'M IN YOUR BASE KILLING RECRUITING YOUR D00DS" - Brenéir to Bråneu and Þerxh :D

This is cute but I am still wondering who will sponsor the draft bill.
To my TNC friends, please consider your support for this reasonable effort. I am not privy to your discussions but the outcome appears to have been positive.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on December 21, 2023, 04:17:58 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 21, 2023, 01:16:21 PM"I'M IN YOUR BASE KILLING RECRUITING YOUR D00DS" - Brenéir to Bråneu and Þerxh :D

This is cute but I am still wondering who will sponsor the draft bill.
To my TNC friends, please consider your support for this reasonable effort. I am not privy to your discussions but the outcome appears to have been positive.

@Þerxh @Bråneu Excelsio @mximo
Let's please move forward with this reasonable effort.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Iason Taiwos would you be willing to sponsor this legislation?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

mximo

Senator Mximo Carbonèl
Sponsor this bill

Thank You
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator