[CRL] Nonpartisan SoS Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, January 03, 2024, 09:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

*If the CRL will allow it, I am posting on behalf of the sponsor @mximo who has indicated a need for assistance in posting.

Whereas, it is a vital national interest to have an election administration authority free of actual or reasonably perceived partisan partiality, and

Whereas, the below-proposed restrictions (as a part of ensuring this interest are modelled after those written by Dama Miestra Schiva in 53RZ2 The Civil Service (Commissioner Abolition) Bill, and

Whereas, this bill would still allow parties to appoint whoever they choose as national party officers but those officers themselves would not be permitted to serve as Secretary of State simultaneously.

Therefore, be it enacted by the Ziu, that El Lexhatx C.5 which currently reads:

Quote5. The Secretary of State shall hold no seat in the Ziu.

Is amended to read as follows:

Quote5. The Secretary of State shall not hold the offices of Seneschal, Distain, Judge of the Uppermost Cort, Monarch, any cabinet portfolio, any leadership office in a political party at the national level, or member of the Ziu.

Ureu q'estadra så,
Mximo Carbonel (Sen-FL)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

Only the proposer (i.e., lead sponsor) of a bill may move it to the CRL (Lex.H.4)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on January 05, 2024, 06:15:49 AMOnly the proposer (i.e., lead sponsor) of a bill may move it to the CRL (Lex.H.4)

That was the response I expected...
@mximo please let me know if you need to Zoom or Teams. I can assist with posting it remotely.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Bråneu Excelsio

Eu esperéu qe tú isch gläts

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 06, 2024, 05:58:17 PM
Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on January 06, 2024, 05:15:05 PMEu esperéu qe tú isch gläts

I'm pretty sure he is, unfortunately

If the he, is me, then the answer is no. This does confirm the translation now, though. I was honestly not sure.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight