News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

RIP Florence Yarney, former King of Talossa

Started by GV, January 13, 2024, 07:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/legacyremembers/florence-yarney-obituary?id=35192717

Florence was a giant of Talossan history, serving as king from 1987-1988 when she abdicated in favor of Ben Madison, who was king again until August 2005.

She actually died in 2022, but when I got a death-anniversary reminder for John Eiffler, I thought to see if anyone else had passed away.  The one I could find is Florence, and the photo in the above obituary matches that I remember from seeing her in Ben's Talossan videos at Ben's coronation in 1988.

From that video and from all accounts, she seemed exactly as the obituary says she was: possessed of a keen and flamboyant style of teaching and much-beloved by all who knew her.

RIP, Florence.  I wish all of us in Talossa (including I) could have known you.

- GV

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

The nacho-shaped province is named after her. May King Florence rest in peace.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

mximo

Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

owenedwards

Puisne Justice

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

GNU Queen Florence
I also wish I could have met you.
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

GV

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on January 17, 2024, 07:22:20 PMGNU Queen Florence
I also wish I could have met you.

She styled herself as "King" and seems to have been a remarkable person.  From everything I've heard and read, she only took the throne as a favor to Ben and was more than happy to give it back to him.