[Vuode] Claiming of Seats in Estats Xhenerais

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, July 02, 2024, 03:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Under Article III, Section 2, which states "all adult citizens of Vuode are eligible to be seated in the Estats Xhenerais," any citizen of Vuode who wishes to claim a seat shall do so by declaring the following:

"I, name, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais".

Without objection I will ask that those citizens of Vuode who wish to claim a seat do so before 7:30 TST on July 15, 2024.

Cunstaval da Vuode
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Eðo Grischun

Apologies if things have changed since I was last around, and happy to be corrected, but from Article III, Section 5:

Any adult citizen of Vuode may claim a seat in the Estats Xhenerais during the period in which a national general election is taking place. This is done by making a declaration in public as follows: "I, name, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais". The citizen shall then be officially seated after swearing or affirming oath to the Cunstaval.

Does this mean leaving the claim period open till the 15th would breach this clause? Do claims need to be made before the conclusion of the national election? (I can say as the original author of the clause that the intention was that the period would end upon closing of the national polls).

Although, if we can find a way to argue that I'm wrong on this, I'll be happy seeing the period stay open a bit longer, seeing as it looks like only one person claimed a seat.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

Incidentally, I made a seat claim in another thread already.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Mainly it is because no one from Vuode reminded me that as Cunstaval I have to dissolve and open the General Assembly so it was late. I was running a national election and it didn't cross my mind.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 03, 2024, 09:57:09 PMMainly it is because no one from Vuode reminded me that as Cunstaval I have to dissolve and open the General Assembly so it was late. I was running a national election and it didn't cross my mind.

Just posted about it elsewhere.  The Cunstaval isn't required to dissolve the Assembly. It just happens automatically.

In-so-far as an official thread being created to collect seat claims, I believe this may have been a recent custom? However, it isn't strictly required. 

The constitution was written at a time when Vuode had an extremely inactive Constable and so we wrote the document to ensure things didn't rely on human input for many mechanisms.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on July 03, 2024, 09:50:44 PMApologies if things have changed since I was last around, and happy to be corrected, but from Article III, Section 5:

Any adult citizen of Vuode may claim a seat in the Estats Xhenerais during the period in which a national general election is taking place. This is done by making a declaration in public as follows: "I, name, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais". The citizen shall then be officially seated after swearing or affirming oath to the Cunstaval.

Does this mean leaving the claim period open till the 15th would breach this clause? Do claims need to be made before the conclusion of the national election? (I can say as the original author of the clause that the intention was that the period would end upon closing of the national polls).

Although, if we can find a way to argue that I'm wrong on this, I'll be happy seeing the period stay open a bit longer, seeing as it looks like only one person claimed a seat.

Glad you are back hopefully Vuode's future will get brighter with a more experienced leader. We did the best we could without any real leadership
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator and Man Without A Party)

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on July 03, 2024, 11:50:34 PM
Quote from: Eðo Grischun on July 03, 2024, 09:50:44 PMApologies if things have changed since I was last around, and happy to be corrected, but from Article III, Section 5:

Glad you are back hopefully Vuode's future will get brighter with a more experienced leader. We did the best we could without any real leadership

Looking forward to working with you!

We'll need to have a bit of a think about the current situation as it appears we may need to do some legislative tinkering so that I'm not the only person serving as a Councillor for this term.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on July 04, 2024, 12:00:46 AM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on July 03, 2024, 11:50:34 PM

Looking forward to working with you!

We'll need to have a bit of a think about the current situation as it appears we may need to do some legislative tinkering so that I'm not the only person serving as a Councillor for this term.

I will claim my seat later today, I have served as both a premier and a presiding officer but really didn't know what I was doing.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

I, Tric'hard Lenxheir, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais".

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

I, Bentxamì Puntmasleu, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais.
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Eðo Grischun, Bentxamì Puntmasleu and Tric'hard Lenxheir appear to be the only citizens claiming seats thus far. Are there any others who wish to claim their seat in the Estats Xherais?