[Vuode] Claiming of Seats in Estats Xhenerais

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, October 10, 2023, 03:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Under Article III, Section 2, which states "all adult citizens of Vuode are eligible to be seated in the Estats Xhenerais," any citizen of Vuode who wishes to claim a seat shall do so by declaring the following:

"I, name, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais".

As the constitution also states this was supposed to occur during the time of the national election, and as there was no mechanism to trigger the opening of the Grand Session until yesterday, without objection I will ask that those citizens of Vuode who wish to claim a seat do so before 7:30 TST on October 25, 2023.

Cunstaval da Vuode
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

The Chancery

@Bentxami Puntmasleu posted this in another thread so I am copying it here to make it official:

As a new citizen of Talossa and a Vuodean, I would like to claim a seat in the next (the XVI it seems) Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais in order to be engaged in my province. What is a proper thread to declare "I, Bentxami Puntmasleu, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais?" Should I start a new thread or post in the current Grand Session, or elsewhere?

Ian Feliceu

I, Ian Feliceu, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais

Tric'hard Lenxheir

"I, Tric'hard Lenxheir, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais".
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

I, Bentxami Puntmasleu, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais.
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Tric'hard Lenxheir

As usual just three citizens have claimed seats, though it is nice to see two of them are new! I believe it is time for everyone to be sworn in @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on October 25, 2023, 11:23:46 PMAs usual just three citizens have claimed seats, though it is nice to see two of them are new! I believe it is time for everyone to be sworn in @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

It certainly isn't an ideal number but it's usually better for an organization to have a small core of dedicated participants than many inactive members. Working with the nation and the other provinces, as well as in our own home communities, we will figure out a way to increase both number and engagement of citizens.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Well seeing as there is no formal oath to be sworn, even though the Constitution states that the exact process should be layed out in the laws of the province, let's go with this:

I (name) swear to uphold the Constitution and laws of Vuode.

The next step should then be electing a Premier, that I also am supposed to swear in. After that, you all are on your own unless I need to consent to legislation.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

I, Bentxami Puntmasleu, swear to uphold the Constitution and laws of Vuode.

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 26, 2023, 01:26:37 PMWell seeing as there is no formal oath to be sworn, even though the Constitution states that the exact process should be layed out in the laws of the province, let's go with this:

I (name) swear to uphold the Constitution and laws of Vuode.

The next step should then be electing a Premier, that I also am supposed to swear in. After that, you all are on your own unless I need to consent to legislation.

I suppose one of the first things we should take care of is to clarify standard procedure (how exactly are Grand Sessions dissolved and summoned, what is the oath for councilors and the premier, etc.) and to create contingency plans. Is someone (if so, I figure either Txec or Tric'hard) going to create and pin a thread for the business of Grand Session XVI? Perhaps there should be two pinned threads: One for general debate and discussion, and another strictly for proposing bills; nominating candidates for premier and presiding officer; accepting or declining such nominations; voting on bills and candidates; announcing the final vote tallies; and other formal motions.

Or maybe that would be needlessly complicated.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

I Tric'hard Lenxheir, swear to uphold the Constitution and laws of Vuode.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

@Ian Feliceu I just wanted to make sure you saw that you need to take the oath

Ian Feliceu

Ian Feliceu

I Ian Feliceu swear to uphold the Constitution and laws of Vuode.