Royal Succession: Conclave of the Privies, Designated Successor

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, February 15, 2024, 10:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Privy Council changes can be achieved by amending statute Title L, I think. According to my review of internal discussions this proposal had significant support on both sides. Everyone knows who I personally recommend as the Designated Successor.

We support a new method of royal succession wherein the Monarch is asked to ensure there are always no less than five appointees to the Sabor (Privy Council). Upon a vacancy on the throne without a Designated Successor, the Ziu selects a new Monarch from the membership of the Sabor. Selection by the Ziu is successful with a two-thirds majority in both the Cosa and the Senats. Approval, by simple majority, is then required by nationwide referendum. A sitting Monarch may choose a Designated Successor from amongst the Sabor who will also need approval under the same process. The Designated Successor may be removed by the same process as the Monarch.
Connected to this, we support King John giving the nation a timeline for a transition for his Designated Successor. Or the instituting of a mandatory retirement age of 75 years for the Monarch of Talossa.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Probably some change needs to happen, honestly.  This is not my preferred plan, since it wouldn't accommodate people who want a pure election, but if there's more support behind this more royalist approach, that's also fine with me.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on February 17, 2024, 02:07:20 PMProbably some change needs to happen, honestly.  This is not my preferred plan, since it wouldn't accommodate people who want a pure election, but if there's more support behind this more royalist approach, that's also fine with me.

You seemed to like it during the private discussions I saw in the TNC party board, Baron. :)
Good to know that hasn't changed.
Looking forward to some movement finally on this issue.
Please feel free to suggest changes.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

mximo

Hi,

A Majority of the Senats is 5 senators
2/3 of the Senats is also 5 (5,28 rounded to 5)

3/4 should be ask in the Senats making the requirement to 6 out 8 senators.

Mximo
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on February 15, 2024, 10:16:22 AMPrivy Council changes can be achieved by amending statute Title L, I think. According to my review of internal discussions this proposal had significant support on both sides. Everyone knows who I personally recommend as the Designated Successor.

We support a new method of royal succession wherein the Monarch is asked to ensure there are always no less than five appointees to the Sabor (Privy Council). Upon a vacancy on the throne without a Designated Successor, the Ziu selects a new Monarch from the membership of the Sabor. Selection by the Ziu is successful with a two-thirds majority in both the Cosa and the Senats. Approval, by simple majority, is then required by nationwide referendum. A sitting Monarch may choose a Designated Successor from amongst the Sabor who will also need approval under the same process. The Designated Successor may be removed by the same process as the Monarch.
Connected to this, we support King John giving the nation a timeline for a transition for his Designated Successor. Or the instituting of a mandatory retirement age of 75 years for the Monarch of Talossa.

@mximo thank you for suggesting that change.
I am hoping others will chime in too.
When I proposed the idea in the Florencian Nimlet my review of communications leads me to believe there were some cross-party discussions.
As was suggested, I have removed the reference to Txec as the DS but I do still support his elevation. To answer a specific concern, relayed in review of those communications, no I am not seeking to replace Txec.

@Ian Plätschisch what do you think?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Scuse me, but is this an actual legislative proposal? I'm confused by the "we support" stuff

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on February 19, 2024, 01:40:07 PMScuse me, but is this an actual legislative proposal? I'm confused by the "we support" stuff

No no, not ready for consideration to send to CRL.
Just to get the conversation started. I want to know if this is something people might support.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Lüc

Quote from: mximo on February 18, 2024, 09:08:18 PM2/3 of the Senats is also 5 (5,28 rounded to 5)

2/3 of the Senats has always been interpreted as requiring 6/8, and not rounded down to 5; 5/8 is by definition not at least 2/3.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Ian Plätschisch

It's an interesting idea. I'll need to think more about it.

Ián Tamorán S.H.

I am slightly disappointed at the "maximum age 75" suggestion - I am 78. I know that there is no maximum age for being Pope, nor (I believe) for the President of the USA... The (late lamented) Queen Elizabeth II was 96 years old, and still actively performing her royal duties up to the week she died. Surely Talossa should not be so much more restrictive than these important posts elsewhere?
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

mximo

---
1) Cardinal 75
   Senator in Canada 75

2) Majority is a majority...
3/4 is 6
2/3 is 5

Mximo
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator