News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Citizenship Petition for Brooke Kamishlian

Started by þerxh Sant-Enogat, March 10, 2024, 05:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

þerxh Sant-Enogat

WHEREAS it has been more than a fortnight since Brooke Kamishlian ( @BrookeK ) first posted on Wittenberg, following her introduction to the citizens of the Kingdom by officers of the Immigration Ministry, and

WHEREAS she has, in that time, demonstrated an active, genuine, and continuing interest in Talossan life, culture, and

WHEREAS she desires citizenship in the Kingdom of Talossa, and

WHEREAS by all indications it appears that she would be a loyal and dedicated citizen, and a credit to this nation if she obtains the grant of citizenship she requests, and

WHEREAS she will certainly spice up and enrich our Talossan culture,

THEREFORE I, þerxh Sant-Enogat, a citizen in good standing of the province of Cézembre and of the Kingdom of Talossa, do by the present petition the Secretary of State @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB to issue a grant of citizenship to Prospective Citizen Brooke Kamishlian, as specified by law.
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Is this really the low bar we want to set? This prospective posted only twice, on February 22, and never posted again.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on March 10, 2024, 07:34:33 AMIs this really the low bar we want to set? This prospective posted only twice, on February 22, and never posted again.
There are so many citizens who never post, I like to think that these new citizens have a chance to get interested in one of our activities soon.
Sénéchal de Cézembre,

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on March 10, 2024, 09:33:55 AM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on March 10, 2024, 07:34:33 AMIs this really the low bar we want to set? This prospective posted only twice, on February 22, and never posted again.
There are so many citizens who never post, I like to think that these new citizens have a chance to get interested in one of our activities soon.

But if that is the case, there is no point in the Petition/waiting period at all, it's just pointless bureaucracy. You might as well have full "open borders", anyone can join for the asking.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on March 10, 2024, 04:58:40 PM
[...] it's just pointless bureaucracy [...]
That's very German to me. Unfortunately bureaucracy is nearly everywhere in Germany and there's a very strong work ethic.
But true, it makes no sense to make a citizenship petition for someone who has only posted twice. People should just be like me and post daily 😎 B)
I'm sorry Þerxh. (It's just my opinion on this.)

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on March 11, 2024, 02:03:39 AM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on March 10, 2024, 04:58:40 PM
[...] it's just pointless bureaucracy [...]
That's very German to me. Unfortunately bureaucracy is nearly everywhere in Germany and there's a very strong work ethic.
But true, it makes no sense to make a citizenship petition for someone who has only posted twice. People should just be like me and post daily 😎 B)
I'm sorry Þerxh. (It's just my opinion on this.)
But then on the other hand, either they are very busy or have lost interest.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Ok then, I calm down my eagerness to grow the country population.
I withhold my last 2 citizenship petitions until possible further involvement from prospective citizens.
May be we should think of another set up for citizenship agreement, like a black ball vote, a secret vote or a minimum number of petition support ?
Sénéchal de Cézembre,

I don't think it has anything to do with eagerness to grow the population. My concern and maybe that of others is if someone really wants to join us and can only bother to respond once or twice during a 15 day period where we are getting to know them as much as they are getting to know us, then they really aren't showing interest and we may be just a passing fad to them.

As Secretary of State, it is a fair bit of work to bring in a new citizen and just as much to remove that same citizen in a few elections after he or she fails to vote. We get a lot of petitions and some of those people become active and some vanish into the ether never to be heard from again.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on March 11, 2024, 06:15:48 AMMay be we should think of another set up for citizenship agreement, like a black ball vote, a secret vote or a minimum number of petition support ?

We used to informally "mick" citizenship petitions, which showed support from the active citizens. We might want to codify some sort of minimum level of participation. We also need to consider reviving the New Citizens Committee to help these prospectives become active participants.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal