Main Menu

Provincial anthem?

Started by Barclamïu da Miéletz, March 19, 2024, 03:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barclamïu da Miéletz

What do you guys think? Melody could be Belgium's anthem "La Brabançonne"

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on March 19, 2024, 03:35:15 AMWhat do you guys think? Melody could be Belgium's anthem "La Brabançonne"
Here are the lyrics:
The song of Cézembre
Oh dear Cézembre, oh holy land of freedom,
For Thee our hand, for Thee our heart!
For Thee our blood, oh dearest homeland,
We swear to you, oh Cézembre!
You went through troubles, our dearest land,
And we have helped Thee through!
Henceforth, your people will keep singing:
The Law, the King and Freedom high! (2x)
The Law, the King and Freedom high,
the Law, the King and Freedom high!

Some parts were translated from the German version of La Brabançonne (Die Brabançonne/Das Lied von Brabant)** and the Dutch (Flemish) version of the anthem (De Brabançonne)*, some I did myself***. What do you guys think? What do you Mr Sénéschal @þerxh Sant-Enogat think?
* = First line is from the Flemish version which goes like this: "O dierbaar België, o heilig land der Vaad'ren". I translated and adapted it to be "Oh dear Cézembre, oh holy land of freedom"
** = Lines 2, 3 (adapted) and 4 (adapted) are from the German version, translated. That includes lines 7 (adapted) and 8 (adapted as well)
*** = The parts I wrote myself are lines 5 and 6

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on March 19, 2024, 04:10:38 AM
Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on March 19, 2024, 03:35:15 AMWhat do you guys think? Melody could be Belgium's anthem "La Brabançonne"
Here are the lyrics:
The song of Cézembre

Some parts were translated from the German version of La Brabançonne (Die Brabançonne/Das Lied von Brabant), some I did myself. What do you guys think? What do you Mr Sénéschal @þerxh Sant-Enogat think?

[...] oh holy land of freedom [...] - This is the full name of Cézembre being referenced (Provinçù Soveran da Cézembre/Sovereign Province of Cézembre)
You went through troubles, our dearest land [...] - This is Cézembre being referenced when France attempted to claim it back and being reclaimed by King Robert I
[...] The Law, the King and Freedom high! [...] - Decided to reference HM King John because Cézembre is a beautiful looking (from photos) province of Talossa and HM King John is the King

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Here are the lyrics:
The song of Cézembre

Some parts were translated from the German version of La Brabançonne (Die Brabançonne/Das Lied von Brabant), some I did myself. What do you guys think? What do you Mr Sénéschal @þerxh Sant-Enogat think?
Who's willing to translate the lyrics to Talossan and adapt them accordingly?

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

NOTE: The link is expiring on 08.04. and 49 downloads are remaining

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on March 19, 2024, 04:37:31 AM
Here are the lyrics:
The song of Cézembre

Who's willing to translate the lyrics to Talossan and adapt them accordingly?
Considering French is also spoken on Cézembre, we could have the anthem translated to French as well.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Thanks Barclamïu for the proposal ! and the nice lyrics too.
After a few days now, I wonder if it is a good idea to base our Provincial anthem on the national anthem of another country, and Belgium has no real logical link with Talossa or Cézembre. The French anthem would be a bit more logical geographically speaking, but it is the anthem of the country from which Cézembre seceeded on 1982.
Could we imagine another music ? more related to Brittany, such as in this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9mup3aA08Y
All suggestions welcome !
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on March 23, 2024, 10:15:13 AM

After a few days now, I wonder if it is a good idea to base our Provincial anthem on the national anthem of another country, and Belgium has no real logical link with Talossa or Cézembre. The French anthem would be a bit more logical geographically speaking, but it is the anthem of the country from which Cézembre seceeded on 1982.
Could we imagine another music ? more related to Brittany, such as in this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9mup3aA08Y
I took inspiration from Vuode, their anthem has the melody of La Marseillaise, so I don't see why ours can't have the melody of another anthem. It also used to happen with other countries.
In my opinion, the anthem itself is beautiful, and has links to the monarch.

Wysłane z mojego SM-A536B przy użyciu Tapatalka
Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk
Envoxhieveu da va SM-A536B úçar Tapatalk

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on March 23, 2024, 10:15:13 AM

OR I could compose the instrumental myself

Wysłane z mojego SM-A536B przy użyciu Tapatalka
Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk
Envoxhieveu da va SM-A536B úçar Tapatalk

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

@þerxh Sant-Enogat I really don't see a problem that if our province were to have an anthem that it would base on a country's anthem. Atatürk uses Türkiye's anthem and Vuode has its own words but sung to the tune of the French anthem. So, I don't see a problem with our anthem having the melody of Belgium's anthem. In real life, countries used to use melodies of other countries for their anthems. Some even made melodies basing on a country's anthem (for example, Yugoslavia's anthem melody after 1945 was basing on the Polish anthem).

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Fiovă's national anthem will be sung to this tune, if we ever get around to writing words

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on March 29, 2024, 10:59:50 AM@þerxh Sant-Enogat I really don't see a problem that if our province were to have an anthem that it would base on a country's anthem. Atatürk uses Türkiye's anthem 
Yes, but Türkiye's anthem is logical for Atatürk.. As Il Canto Degli Italiani could be Benito's for the same reason. And.. you know.. French are always making jokes on Belgian natives :-) 
La Brabançonne is a nice anthem but would ring immediately Belgian for people in the Cézembre region.
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

The lyrics of Vuode's provincial anthem uphold the supposed virtues of Robert Ben Madison (who, at the time of the writing, was no longer king (between his first and second reigns) but serving as Premier of Vuode) against the republicanism of Dan Lorentz and Bob Murphy. Oddly, the music is set to La Marseillaise.

We should probably get around to changing it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

To be honest, I'm kinda glad that Maritiimi-Maxhestic doesn't have an anthem to replace. Knowing what Ian von Metairia was into back then, this could've ended horrendously...
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on March 30, 2024, 10:29:21 AM
Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on March 29, 2024, 10:59:50 AM@þerxh Sant-Enogat I really don't see a problem that if our province were to have an anthem that it would base on a country's anthem. Atatürk uses Türkiye's anthem 
Yes, but Türkiye's anthem is logical for Atatürk.. As Il Canto Degli Italiani could be Benito's for the same reason. And.. you know.. French are always making jokes on Belgian natives :-) 
La Brabançonne is a nice anthem but would ring immediately Belgian for people in the Cézembre region.
I'll just compose my own music then.

Barclamïu da Miéletz