Party Registration Update Legislation

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, March 22, 2024, 08:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB Mr. Secretary, Hi. I wanted to be sure I checked with you before writing legislation as the election administrator. Do you know if there is currently a process (or any restrictions, if not) for an individual or party to register outside of the run-up to an election? I can't find any mention of a kind of register or official record of current parties so wanted to check.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Sorry but I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on March 22, 2024, 11:49:04 PMSorry but I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here.

Are there any restrictions on party registration before the run up to an election?

I've seen new parties be registered around that time. But if a party wanted to register just AFTER an election is it possible as our laws are currently written and implemented?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I suppose a party could register at any time, but they wouldn't have the same standing as a party that ran during the election.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on March 23, 2024, 05:18:37 AMI suppose a party could register at any time, but they wouldn't have the same standing as a party that ran during the election.

Thank you, this is helpful. Do you know if there is a section of the law to amend to change this?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight