Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

17th Convocation of the Assembly of Maritiimi-Maxhestic

Here we go.

Members, besides myself, are:
Magniloqueu Épiqeu da Lhiun
Cresti Nouacastra-Läxhirescu
Sir Alexandreu Davinescu

Our first order of business should be to entertain nominations for Grand General Secretary.

Sevastáin Pinátsch

I'm glad you posted something. I was just about to start trouble... uhm, a thread.  ;)
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Magniloqueu Épiqeu Ac’hlerglünä da Lhiun

Is there anyone that wants to do the job?

Also, can anyone please tell me: WHY this colour palate? It makes my eyes hurt, and I mean that literally. Can I change this to nice shades of bright white, cream and beige, or something? I have finally changed the layout and look. This is nice.
Mîmbreu Xhugnhör da l'Avocatür Rexhital

I support the "United Provinces of Maritiimi-Maxhestic, Vuode, and Dandenburg."

Sevastáin Pinátsch

For others who want to change the theme:

https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?action=profile;area=theme;

Or, by menu:

Profile > Forum Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout > Current Theme
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Ian Plätschisch

I can be GGS if no one else is interested

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I second the nomination and given the time frame move that we go right to a vote.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

If one other person supports the nomination, we don't need a vote

Ian Plätschisch

@Magniloqueu Épiqeu Ac'hlerglünä da Lhiun @Cresti d.I. Nouacastra-L.

I, too, support the nomination.

Ian Plätschisch

Ok, I think that settles it.

Apropos of nothing, since the PTB are afire about provincial mergers, I want to say that I am fully in favor of M-M absorbing other provinces (it is our right and destiny), but I have two preconditions that I think are absolutely necessary to such mergers:

1. We should add their cultural distinctiveness to our own, but not lose ours in the process.  The province should remain named "Maritiimi-Maxhestic" in large part, symbolically recognizing our extraordinary history as a beacon of provincial activity and prosperity.
2.  There should not be any diminution of M-M political power.  This means we should aim for a provincial merger that maintains the political separateness of the entities in order to preserve our Senats votes, confederating them without obliterating either.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on February 14, 2020, 07:11:05 PM
Apropos of nothing, since the PTB are afire about provincial mergers, I want to say that I am fully in favor of M-M absorbing other provinces (it is our right and destiny), but I have two preconditions that I think are absolutely necessary to such mergers:

1. We should add their cultural distinctiveness to our own, but not lose ours in the process.  The province should remain named "Maritiimi-Maxhestic" in large part, symbolically recognizing our extraordinary history as a beacon of provincial activity and prosperity.
2.  There should not be any diminution of M-M political power.  This means we should aim for a provincial merger that maintains the political separateness of the entities in order to preserve our Senats votes, confederating them without obliterating either.

This would not be a merger in any real sense.

Indeed, I think we can reject citizen Davinescu's proposals as being full of grandeur and in bad faith towards other provinces. I have never liked M-M's tendency for overbearing and arrogant "provinciotism".

Ian Plätschisch

The post of Grand General Secretary is currently vacant. Please make a nomination to fill it.

I nominate myself, I guess.