News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

The Progressive Alliance details its commitment

Started by þerxh Sant-Enogat, June 05, 2024, 04:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

þerxh Sant-Enogat

The Green and Red Party changes its name to "Progressive Alliance" and details its 50-word statement
You cannot view this attachment.

I took some good advice from @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu=. Green and Red colours are the one of our beloved flag "el Bicoloreu", but they are also associated with existing parties in bigger Nations.
I therefore announce the new name of the Party : long live the "Progressive Alliance" (in Talossan :  Aliançù Progreßïu), abbreviated as "PROG".

Our 50-word statement proudly remains as followed :

We strive to protect a traditional yet democratic Kingdom.
We want to continue fostering immigration, transparency, inclusivity, and goodwill among citizens.
We promote cross-party collaboration to make our Nation more visible and our government more active.
We are honest and committed.
We also think our Province is the best.

And I would like to detail our promise.

þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Vote for the Progressive Alliance for the 60th Cosa !

þerxh Sant-Enogat

"We strive to protect a traditional yet democratic Kingdom".

Kingdom: We believe that a King (male or female) is necessary for our Nation, as a symbol of unity and an attractive feature for the outer world.

Traditional: We want to maintain traditions, develop the use of our treasure el Ghleþ Talossan, and our preferred scenario for succession is the nomination by the King of an heir who will receive the approval of the majority of the People. I am admirative of the work done by @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu to shape the succession amendment according to this principle.

Democratic: We live in a parliamentary regime. All decision should come from the people, either directly or indirectly via our parliamentary system, as defined by our Laws. The King should only have the power to represent our Nation, but no additional power – excepted specific and exceptional ones under the strict control of the Ziu.
We do not support vetoing of initiatives behind closed doors. In exchange of one vote from the Freedem to be able to form a government last Cosa, the TNC (represented by myself as its Party Leader) signed an agreement with the Freedem, creating a "Standing Committee to discuss amendments to Talossa's constitution", stating that no legislation to amend the Organic Law, or to amend the functioning of the Chancery, will be proposed by either party without the prior unanimous approval. This was an error, as the first decision of the FreeDem representatives was to block a debate at the Ziu about the possibility of a simultaneous tenure of the position of Secretary of State and the one of Party Leader. I announced publicly my strong disagreement at the time. By principle, I never opposed any subject to be brought in front of the Ziu.
When I was Party Leader of the TNC, I let a full freedom of vote to all MCs and Senators. There has not been any "Party Line" obligations or Whip instructions. Everyone has been able to express his view, even outside of the Party, and the voice of the Party has not been monopolized by one person.
Sénéchal de Cézembre,

þerxh Sant-Enogat

We want to continue fostering immigration, transparency, inclusivity, and goodwill among citizens.

Immigration: This is central to me, explaining why I kept the role of MinImm on top of my Seneschal responsibilities. New immigrants bring freshness, activity, new ideas, and avoid our Nation to become stale and selfish. Even if less spectacular than for the previous Cosa, the immigration figures of the 59th Cosa are good, much better than before the TNC era. You can find all detail in the answer to this Terpelaziun.

Transparency: as promised in the TNC platform, we kept on updating the Infotecă providing budget information, treasury numbers, immigration statistics, and Wittenberg data all in one place.
The activity of the Government has also been reported regularly, during my tenure of the Ministry of STUFF, 6 issues of La C'hronicǎ were published.

Goodwill: It's fun to argue on all subjects, but we should not forget that we are all individuals united in our love of our Nation. We support all initiatives which can tighten the links between us, and thank the ones who organized these. For us to be able to show our commitment to others, I started the Internation Network of  Talossan Welcome, now with 12 volunteers from all countries and political affiliation - and I hope we will soon witness some nice encounters.

Sénéchal de Cézembre,

þerxh Sant-Enogat

We promote cross-party collaboration to make our Nation more visible and our government more active.

Our Nation more visible:
I extended the publishing of posts describing our Kingdom to Linkedin and Reddit to reach other types of potential immigrants. Results for LinkedIn were not the ones I hoped for, but I think we should insist, with the help of more citizens -from all poltical affiliation- who can share and like the external communication done by MinSTUFF, and propose ideas.

Our government more active:
I want to thank all the members of my Government. Most of them were nominated by the Elected Seneschal, and I regret not to have taken the time to discuss with most of you about objectives, needed support or suggestions.
It is a real shame that our Nation can not benefit from all the available resources of our motivated and skilled citizens, just because they enrolled in a different political party. I think that this 59th Cosa could have been more successful with some non-TNC members in the cabinet. A closer cross-party cooperation was discussed for IT modernization, and I personally proposed -unsuccessfully- the position of MinSTUFF to a new Freedem member who showed his talent and his ambition for external communication.
The creation of a shadow cabinetby the Freedem could have been a good initiative if propositions were made by its members, but unfortunately this did not happen.
If we are not in the position to form a Cabinet, and if I am considered useful, I am personally open to serve in a Government – provided my freedom of vote and speech are respected.
Systematically voting for the fall of a Government when in opposition must not be a principle. If the Government goes in what I consider to be the good direction, I will vote Yes for the Vote of Confidence.

Sénéchal de Cézembre,

þerxh Sant-Enogat

We are honest and committed.

We keep our promises. I signed the TNC-Freedem agreement, and even if we did not need the 101th vote from the Freedem anymore to remain in power, I insisted on keeping our promise during all this Cosa – and I thank the Distain for respecting this position despite his initial opposition on the agreement.
We don't lie -at least intentionally! – and are able to recognize our mistakes and weaknesses. I hope this present text gives an example of this commitment.

Sénéchal de Cézembre,

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Provinces are key components of our Nation.
I believe a sense of regional chauvinism can generate healthy competition and activity. I have the intention to promote the idea of interprovincial fairs and contests. Provided that Cézembre – the best province - wins at the end.

Sénéchal de Cézembre,

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 04:42:42 AM
"We strive to protect a traditional yet democratic Kingdom".

Democratic: We live in a parliamentary regime. All decision should come from the people, either directly or indirectly via our parliamentary system, as defined by our Laws. The King should only have the power to represent our Nation, but no additional power – excepted specific and exceptional ones under the strict control of the Ziu.
We do not support vetoing of initiatives behind closed doors. In exchange of one vote from the Freedem to be able to form a government last Cosa, the TNC (represented by myself as its Party Leader) signed an agreement with the Freedem, creating a "Standing Committee to discuss amendments to Talossa's constitution", stating that no legislation to amend the Organic Law, or to amend the functioning of the Chancery, will be proposed by either party without the prior unanimous approval. This was an error, as the first decision of the FreeDem representatives was to block a debate at the Ziu about the possibility of a simultaneous tenure of the position of Secretary of State and the one of Party Leader. I announced publicly my strong disagreement at the time. By principle, I never opposed any subject to be brought in front of the Ziu.
When I was Party Leader of the TNC, I let a full freedom of vote to all MCs and Senators. There has not been any "Party Line" obligations or Whip instructions. Everyone has been able to express his view, even outside of the Party, and the voice of the Party has not been monopolized by one person.

Finally. I (and Open Society) am grateful and relieved that you admit this was an error. You have once again shown the maturity and reasonableness which brought me back to the TNC. But you literally spent an entire term upholding something that you now admit was an error. Seeing now that the Agreement was indeed used to block the Ziu's consideration of Chancery Reform and that historic Organic Law reform was achieved outside of that Agreement, Open Society would welcome the Progressive Alliance's support for our effort to ensure an apolitical Chancery/Civil Service.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 04:44:11 AMA closer cross-party cooperation was discussed for IT modernization

Allow me to set this record straight. There was ONE conversation on WhatsApp in which I provided to the Minister of Technology a list of needed changes and requirements for a new database. Nothing happened at all and the Chancery is STILL struggling under a system it has no control of and is entirely not user friendly. I still use a "cheat sheet" every single Clark to make sure that it is set up correctly. The ballot itself may even be inaccurate as a portion will give a URL to vote publicly. A URL on the database I CANNOT change and will not even be generated until I begin the election.

This may unfortunately also be demonstrated as the Chancery has no ability by itself to change the name of your party in the database without the help of MPF. We have done our due diligence and registered your party when you submitted it. Changing the name is your prerogative but please understand the limitations and the frustrations.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on June 05, 2024, 10:00:07 AMAllow me to set this record straight. There was ONE conversation on WhatsApp in which I provided to the Minister of Technology a list of needed changes and requirements for a new database. Nothing happened at all and the Chancery is STILL struggling under a system it has no control of and is entirely not user friendly.
This issue is a very important one and should be dealt with by the best experts, together whatever their political affiliation and without any prerequisite or negociation. Possible progress on the subject should not be claimed by incumbent Government, but considered as the collective success of the work group.
Sénéchal de Cézembre,

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 10:25:30 AM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on June 05, 2024, 10:00:07 AMAllow me to set this record straight. There was ONE conversation on WhatsApp in which I provided to the Minister of Technology a list of needed changes and requirements for a new database. Nothing happened at all and the Chancery is STILL struggling under a system it has no control of and is entirely not user friendly.
This issue is a very important one and should be dealt with by the best experts, together whatever their political affiliation and without any prerequisite or negociation. Possible progress on the subject should not be claimed by incumbent Government, but considered as the collective success of the work group.

The collaboration was supposed to be cross-party but nothing at all happened even with someone with the background of the MinTech.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

By the way please don't interpret this as anything political. It is just a continuing frustration of my office.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 05, 2024, 05:26:20 AMFinally. I (and Open Society) am grateful and relieved that you admit this was an error. You have once again shown the maturity and reasonableness which brought me back to the TNC. But you literally spent an entire term upholding something that you now admit was an error. Seeing now that the Agreement was indeed used to block the Ziu's consideration of Chancery Reform and that historic Organic Law reform was achieved outside of that Agreement, Open Society would welcome the Progressive Alliance's support for our effort to ensure an apolitical Chancery/Civil Service.

I think this is a really good point.  Therxh disagreed with a party agreement, but still made an effort to uphold it.  This is something that a mature and trustworthy leader does.  A different sort of leader might find it intolerable to endure any significant disagreement from the rest of the party.

This is my fault, probably.  I had this set up as my big goal for the term, just like Infoteca had been my previous big goal.  I have a very good record of accomplishing major changes like this, but obviously I was forced to be absent almost the entire term.  For those unaware, I had to make arrangements for my dying mother and then take care of the estate.  I don't apologize for these priorities, and everyone was very kind about it, but when the government is just scrambling to stay together they're not going to have energy to put into a big new tech project.

I would still like to do this, and I actually have a plan in mind to replace the database overall with simpler different system (rather than using it for record-keeping, voting, and legislating).  I'd be happy to discuss it in detail if there's any interest.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 04:45:39 AM

Provinces are key components of our Nation.
I believe a sense of regional chauvinism can generate healthy competition and activity. I have the intention to promote the idea of interprovincial fairs and contests. Provided that Cézembre – the best province - wins at the end.
I agree with a lot of our platform, but obviously this is a serious error, since my province is the best.  Maritiimi-Maxhestic: all your vowels belong to us.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 05, 2024, 11:36:20 AMI would still like to do this, and I actually have a plan in mind to replace the database overall with simpler different system (rather than using it for record-keeping, voting, and legislating).  I'd be happy to discuss it in detail if there's any interest.

Sure I'd love to discuss it - just not in this thread as I don't want to derail it.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 04:44:11 AMSystematically voting for the fall of a Government when in opposition must not be a principle.

A small quasi-philosophical note on this; even if the government of the day was performing well, an opposition party that wished to lead a future government should by definition vote against Confidence, as otherwise they would essentially publicly admit they don't believe they could do a better job.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă