News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Collection of songs for Cézembre

Started by xpb, April 10, 2024, 10:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

While Barclamïu is working on an anthem, and I have noodled around on a fanfare, perhaps it would also be good to make a collection of Brittany songs.

I found this version appealing by Nolwenn Leroy (album Bretonne, 2010)

Tri Martolod ("Three sailors" in Breton) or Tri Martolod Yaouank ("Three young sailors"), is a traditional Breton song which dates to the 18th century in Lower Brittany.  The lyrics tell the story of three young sailors who embark for Newfoundland and the history quickly settles into a romantic dialogue. The music is a round in three steps typical of the South Cornouaille and common in the Breton coastal areas.

Breton
Tri martolod yaouank... la la la... Tri martolod yaouank i vonet da veajiñ

E vonet da veajiñ, gê! E vonet da veajiñ

Gant 'n avel bet kaset... la la la... Gant 'n avel bet kaset betek an Douar Nevez

Beteg an Douar Nevez, gê! Beteg an Douar Nevez

E-kichen mein ar veilh... la la la... E-kichen mein ar veilh o deus mouilhet o eorioù

O deus mouilhet o eorioù, gê! O deus mouilhet o eorioù

Hag e-barzh ar veilh-se... la la la... Hag e-barzh ar veilh-se e oa ur servijourez

E oa ur servijourez, gê! E oa ur servijourez

Hag e c'houlenn ganin... la la la... Hag e c'houlenn ganin pelec'h 'n eus graet konesañs

Pelec'h 'n eus graet konesañs, gê! Pelec'h 'n eus graet konesañs

E Naoned er marc'had... la la la... E Naoned er marc'had hor boa choazet ur walenn

English
Three young sailors... la la la... Three young sailors went traveling

Went traveling! Went traveling

And the wind pushed them... la la la... The wind pushed them to Newfoundland

All the way to Newfoundland! All the way to Newfoundland

Next to the windmill stone... la la la... Next to the windmill stone, they dropped anchor

They dropped anchor! They dropped anchor

And in that windmill... la la la... And in that windmill was a servant girl

There was a servant girl! There was a servant girl

And she asked me... la la la... And she asked me where we met

Where have we met before? Where have we met before

In Nantes at the market... la la la... In Nantes at the market, we chose a ring

xpb

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: xpb on April 10, 2024, 10:09:08 PMWhile Barclamïu is working on an anthem, and I have noodled around on a fanfare, perhaps it would also be good to make a collection of Brittany songs.

Tri Martolod ("Three sailors" in Breton) or Tri Martolod Yaouank ("Three young sailors"), is a traditional Breton song which dates to the 18th century in Lower Brittany.  The lyrics tell the story of three young sailors who embark for Newfoundland and the history quickly settles into a romantic dialogue. The music is a round in three steps typical of the South Cornouaille and common in the Breton coastal areas.

Breton

Gant 'n avel bet kaset... la la la... Gant 'n avel bet kaset betek an Douar Nevez

E-kichen mein ar veilh... la la la... E-kichen mein ar veilh o deus mouilhet o eorioù

Hag e-barzh ar veilh-se... la la la... Hag e-barzh ar veilh-se e oa ur servijourez

Hag e c'houlenn ganin... la la la... Hag e c'houlenn ganin pelec'h 'n eus graet konesañs

E Naoned er marc'had... la la la... E Naoned er marc'had hor boa choazet ur walenn

English

Next to the windmill stone... la la la... Next to the windmill stone, they dropped anchor

As I said, I will include your fanfare in the anthem melody

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 11, 2024, 01:07:45 AM
Quote from: xpb on April 10, 2024, 10:09:08 PMWhile Barclamïu is working on an anthem, and I have noodled around on a fanfare, perhaps it would also be good to make a collection of Brittany songs.

Breton

English

As I said, I will include your fanfare in the anthem melody
@xpb well, as soon as I include the fanfare in the anthem melody, I'll be done with the anthem. Maybe even today after I come home from school, as my (school) iPad (the device I'm using right now) doesn't have the capability to run Audacity.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Breton

English

@þerxh Sant-Enogat do you accept my proposal? As soon as I can I will include the fanfare that @xpb made. Then the melody will be finished.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 11, 2024, 02:49:46 AM

Breton

English

@þerxh Sant-Enogat do you accept my proposal? As soon as I can I will include the fanfare that @xpb made. Then the melody will be finished.
We also need someone to translate the lyrics into Talossan.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 11, 2024, 02:49:46 AM@þerxh Sant-Enogat do you accept my proposal? As soon as I can I will include the fanfare that @xpb made. Then the melody will be finished.

Azul @Barclamïu da Miéletz . The choice for an Anthem for Cézembre has to be decided by l'Etats, the Provincial Assembly of Cézembre. It is not a decision of the Sénéschal, as you wrote on TalossaWiki.
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on April 11, 2024, 03:34:19 AM
Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 11, 2024, 02:49:46 AM@þerxh Sant-Enogat do you accept my proposal? As soon as I can I will include the fanfare that @xpb made. Then the melody will be finished.

Azul @Barclamïu da Miéletz . The choice for an Anthem for Cézembre has to be decided by l'Etats, the Provincial Assembly of Cézembre. It is not a decision of the Sénéschal, as you wrote on TalossaWiki.
Oops...

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 11, 2024, 03:44:19 AM

Oops...
F i x e d

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

I didn't know, thanks for reminding me

Barclamïu da Miéletz

xpb

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 11, 2024, 03:48:36 AM

You can put a proposal in the RAK section https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=31.0

Description https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=822.0

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: xpb on April 17, 2024, 04:35:28 PM

You can put a proposal in the RAK section https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=31.0

I still need to finish the melody. Also I have COMPLETELY forgotten about this...

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 18, 2024, 01:12:37 AM
Quote from: xpb on April 17, 2024, 04:35:28 PM

I still need to finish the melody. Also I have COMPLETELY forgotten about this...
I have gotten a cold recently, so I might be able to make something.

Barclamïu da Miéletz