News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Perhaps

Started by Tric'hard Lenxheir, June 08, 2024, 01:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Since it appears the TNC is dying and I have neither the knowledge or time to form a new party, nor do I really wish to join another party with people I don't necessarily agree with I fear the time is coming for me to withdraw from politics and possibly from the nation. This will take some serious thought on my part. Do I stay as a citizen simply for the games or should I simply leave since I really don't understand how the country works? I am in a province with such a low population that I keep getting elected to higher offices because there is no one else to do the job (and I don't know how to do them) hell I'm even a senator and all I know about that is how to vote each clark. Perhaps I should step away completely as there are certainly smarter people here than I.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator and Man Without A Party)

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

I can't really tell you what to do, but personally I really hope that if you do decide to withdraw from politics, you don't withdraw from the nation as a whole. You are highly valued as a member of the community, regardless of your politics.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on June 08, 2024, 02:13:01 PMI can't really tell you what to do, but personally I really hope that if you do decide to withdraw from politics, you don't withdraw from the nation as a whole. You are highly valued as a member of the community, regardless of your politics.

I echo the honorable Gluc's word.

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN

I understand your concerns and appreciate your honesty. Like Glüc, I can't tell you what to do but can offer some advice.

If you decide to stay active in Talossan politics, consider taking a short break first. Sometimes stepping back for a bit can provide the clarity and perspective you need. During this time, you might find it helpful to reach out to more 'experienced' Talossans for guidance. Many citizens are willing to share their knowledge and can offer valuable advice on how to navigate your roles effectively.

If you decide to step away from active politics, it's important to recognise and acknowledge the contributions you've already made. Your efforts have made a difference, even if it doesn't always feel that way. Stepping back doesn't mean you're giving up; it means you're taking care of yourself, which is crucial.

You can still remain a part of the Talossan community in a less demanding non-political role. Staying connected with the community allows you to continue enjoying the social and cultural aspects of Talossa without the pressure of political responsibilities. Your insights and experiences remain valuable, and you can contribute in other meaningful ways.

Ultimately, prioritising your well-being and happiness is essential. If staying active in Talossan politics is causing you stress and not bringing you joy, it might be best to step back. Your mental health and personal satisfaction should come first.

Whatever path you choose, know that your contributions to Talossa are deeply valued. Your fellow citizens appreciate your dedication and will support you in whatever decision you make. Take the time you need to figure out what's best for you, and remember that your well-being is paramount.
Litz Cjantscheir LLB, LLM
Senior Justice/Judge of the Cort Pü Inalt

Bråneu Excelsio

Are you ashamed of being a Talossan?
If not, you should stay a Talossan.

That's what I thought to myself when I asked to come back last april.
Talossa gets weird during election time, I think it's a bad choice to leave during those times, or ever really.

I've always thought you're a down to earth great guy. It'd be a shame if you leave us.
Distáin. Minister of Defence. Minister of STUFF. COFFEE founder.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on June 08, 2024, 02:53:50 PMAre you ashamed of being a Talossan?
If not, you should stay a Talossan.

That's what I thought to myself when I asked to come back last april.
Talossa gets weird during election time, I think it's a bad choice to leave during those times, or ever really.

I've always thought you're a down to earth great guy. It'd be a shame if you leave us.
I didn't realise that shitfuckery also exists in micronations.
Barclamïu da Miéletz
=====
Creator of Talossan licence plates and Talossan road signs as well as Consul for Cézembre in Vuode and PSC in the Zouaves
Founder of Talossa24, Deputy Minister of STUFF and member of COFFEE

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on June 08, 2024, 03:12:58 PMI didn't realise that shitfuckery also exists in micronations.
What do you mean by that?
Everyone got here for different reasons, I like making and participating in communities for example.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on June 08, 2024, 03:25:19 PM
Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on June 08, 2024, 03:12:58 PMI didn't realise that shitfuckery also exists in micronations.
Everyone got here for different reasons, I like making and participating in communities for example.
I mean the political situation at times. I did not realise that I would also witness it in Talossa.
Barclamïu da Miéletz
=====
Creator of Talossan licence plates and Talossan road signs as well as Consul for Cézembre in Vuode and PSC in the Zouaves

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on June 08, 2024, 03:30:49 PM
I mean the political situation at times. I did not realise that I would also witness it in Talossa.

I was surprised by it too. I think that the lack of activity by the King is in part responsable for it because there's not one unifying figure to direct the Kingdom, so it became a political arena. But who knows, we're always on the verge of great things happening, we just have to make them happen.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Barclamiu, what is it that you've witnessed you would describe as "shitfuckery"? I've seen the term a few times but no examples.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 08, 2024, 03:35:32 PM

Barclamiu, what is it that you've witnessed you would describe as "shitfuckery"? I've seen the term a few times but no examples.
I love using words and actually not knowing what they mean.

I'm just kidding. Well I don't know how to explain it myself, so I recommend you to watch thejuicemedia on YouTube.
Barclamïu da Miéletz
=====

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on June 08, 2024, 03:37:22 PM

I'm just kidding. Well I don't know how to explain it myself, so I recommend you to watch thejuicemedia on YouTube.

Ok, I just watched the Honest Government Ad on thejuicemedia and understand. :) Now I am looking forward to your video content if it is similar to that ad especially.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 08, 2024, 03:47:18 PM
Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on June 08, 2024, 03:37:22 PM

Ok, I just watched the Honest Government Ad on thejuicemedia and understand. :) Now I am looking forward to your video content if it is similar to that ad especially.
I just need to gather a lot of material and stuff.
Barclamïu da Miéletz
=====

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on June 08, 2024, 03:32:47 PMI think that the lack of activity by the King is in part responsable for it

I hate to tell you what kind of political shitfuckery is caused by an active King. John couldn't be compared on his worst days to King Robert I, an actual bully, cult leader and tyrant, but he had his moments (eg. claiming an absolute right to veto all OrgLaw amendments, which we had to fight him in Cort over).

Political shitfuckery is caused by there being incentives to politically shitfuck, and would sadly happen in a Republic.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 08, 2024, 01:47:37 PMDo I stay as a citizen simply for the games or should I simply leave since I really don't understand how the country works?

Part of my goal in Talossa has always been to make more space for non-political activity. When I first encountered Talossa, voting was public - i.e. everyone knew how you voted, so everyone had to take political sides, which led to gang warfare and bullying. I led the charge in bringing in the secret ballot. The FreeDems have also been working for ages on having a non-political Civil Service where you can do work for the Kingdom again without joining a party or taking a side. This is the opposite to the people who think that elections are about picking the best workers, and so you have to join their party to get a job.

I suppose, Tric'hard, I would ask you - why did you join the TNC in the first place? If you can find those motivations again, you will know what you should be doing from here on in.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"