News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Perhaps

Started by Tric'hard Lenxheir, June 08, 2024, 01:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 08, 2024, 04:38:37 PM
Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on June 08, 2024, 03:32:47 PMI think that the lack of activity by the King is in part responsable for it

I hate to tell you what kind of political shitfuckery is caused by an active King. John couldn't be compared on his worst days to King Robert I, an actual bully, cult leader and tyrant, but he had his moments (eg. claiming an absolute right to veto all OrgLaw amendments, which we had to fight him in Cort over).

Political shitfuckery is caused by there being incentives to politically shitfuck, and would sadly happen in a Republic.
Awesome! (sarcasm)
Barclamïu da Miéletz
=====
Creator of Talossan licence plates and Talossan road signs as well as Consul for Cézembre in Vuode and PSC in the Zouaves
Founder of Talossa24, Deputy Minister of STUFF and member of COFFEE

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 08, 2024, 04:42:46 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 08, 2024, 01:47:37 PMDo I stay as a citizen simply for the games or should I simply leave since I really don't understand how the country works?

Part of my goal in Talossa has always been to make more space for non-political activity. When I first encountered Talossa, voting was public - i.e. everyone knew how you voted, so everyone had to take political sides, which led to gang warfare and bullying. I led the charge in bringing in the secret ballot. The FreeDems have also been working for ages on having a non-political Civil Service where you can do work for the Kingdom again without joining a party or taking a side. This is the opposite to the people who think that elections are about picking the best workers, and so you have to join their party to get a job.

I suppose, Tric'hard, I would ask you - why did you join the TNC in the first place? If you can find those motivations again, you will know what you should be doing from here on in.

I joined the TNC because I support the idea of a kingdom with some oversight from an elected body. I also chose the TNC because I was given the ability to vote my mind on most issues rather than having to tow the line (or is it "toe the line" hell I don't know)
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator and Man Without A Party)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 08, 2024, 06:26:47 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 08, 2024, 04:42:46 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 08, 2024, 01:47:37 PMDo I stay as a citizen simply for the games or should I simply leave since I really don't understand how the country works?

Part of my goal in Talossa has always been to make more space for non-political activity. When I first encountered Talossa, voting was public - i.e. everyone knew how you voted, so everyone had to take political sides, which led to gang warfare and bullying. I led the charge in bringing in the secret ballot. The FreeDems have also been working for ages on having a non-political Civil Service where you can do work for the Kingdom again without joining a party or taking a side. This is the opposite to the people who think that elections are about picking the best workers, and so you have to join their party to get a job.

I suppose, Tric'hard, I would ask you - why did you join the TNC in the first place? If you can find those motivations again, you will know what you should be doing from here on in.

I joined the TNC because I support the idea of a kingdom with some oversight from an elected body. I also chose the TNC because I was given the ability to vote my mind on most issues rather than having to tow the line (or is it "toe the line" hell I don't know)

I hope you decide to stay, even if at a distance, involved politically. Your voice of moderation has been contributed at pivotal moments in recent events.

Also, this is not a personally political beneficial observation but I must note on the two reasons you mention joining the TNC there is overlap with the political program of the Progressive Alliance as Therxh has indicated few if any party line votes and some form of moderate monarchism.

Iason Taiwos

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 08, 2024, 01:47:37 PMSince it appears the TNC is dying and I have neither the knowledge or time to form a new party, nor do I really wish to join another party with people I don't necessarily agree with I fear the time is coming for me to withdraw from politics and possibly from the nation. This will take some serious thought on my part. Do I stay as a citizen simply for the games or should I simply leave since I really don't understand how the country works? I am in a province with such a low population that I keep getting elected to higher offices because there is no one else to do the job (and I don't know how to do them) hell I'm even a senator and all I know about that is how to vote each clark. Perhaps I should step away completely as there are certainly smarter people here than I.
I've been a Talossan for what, 13 years now? During that time I've served as Senator for Benito, I think I've been Maestro a couple of times. All I really know how to do is vote on each Clark. The government side of Talossa interests me the least. And sometimes, that seems like all that's going on. But I've stuck with it. Sometimes there isn't anyone else to do the job. But I'll never renounce my citizenship. The only way I'm leaving Talossa is in a body bag. Don't step away completely. Talossa is what you make of it. Hate the political stuff? Do something else. Talossa has inspired Vitxalmour Conductour and I to create our own Talossan based subculture, which has brought us much joy. Talossa has spurred our creativity, and has come to greatly enrich our personal lives. Never once in my 13 years here have I thought of renouncing my citizenship. Even on the occasions when I've made embarrassing statements on Witt. (I just lie low until I think everyone has forgotten them.)

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Normally I enjoy politics but honestly having trouble figuring out how Talossa's government works. Don't really understand the constitution, and Vuode's political landscape is so bad that as a brand new citizen I was named Premier (which I still don't know what I was supposed to do LOL). I'm very confused now because there are so many parties. The only thing I am sure of is that I am pro-monarchy with oversight by an elected Cosa. I'm not creative enough to really get involved in things like your Cjovani (spelling?) culture. I basically participate in the Music challenge and the fantasy cycling game.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 11, 2024, 07:57:38 PMI basically participate in the Music challenge
That's a reason to stay on its own :))

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 11, 2024, 07:57:38 PMhonestly having trouble figuring out how Talossa's government works.

The party with a majority in the Cosa runs things.

If no party has a majority, you add parties together to get to a majority (a "coalition").

With me so far?

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 11, 2024, 09:47:45 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 11, 2024, 07:57:38 PMhonestly having trouble figuring out how Talossa's government works.

If no party has a majority, you add parties together to get to a majority (a "coalition").

With me so far?

I meant the intricacies of the government. I have no clue how to word a bill, every bill I have submitted were more or less suggestions that one of two people basically wrote for me. I have come to accept that the monarchy is likely going away after this election because the monarchists have split into multiple parties which will leave the FreeDems in power and spell the end of the monarchy. At which point this nation will become just like every democratically elected macro nation in the world and we will have to elect a president of some sort and it will get boring.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 11, 2024, 10:33:45 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 11, 2024, 09:47:45 PM

With me so far?

I meant the intricacies of the government. I have no clue how to word a bill, every bill I have submitted were more or less suggestions that one of two people basically wrote for me. I have come to accept that the monarchy is likely going away after this election because the monarchists have split into multiple parties which will leave the FreeDems in power and spell the end of the monarchy. At which point this nation will become just like every democratically elected macro nation in the world and we will have to elect a president of some sort and it will get boring.
The Free Democrats are not trying to end the Monarchy. If they were I would have left long ago.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on June 12, 2024, 05:45:41 AM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on June 11, 2024, 10:33:45 PMI have come to accept that the monarchy is likely going away after this election because the monarchists have split into multiple parties which will leave the FreeDems in power and spell the end of the monarchy. At which point this nation will become just like every democratically elected macro nation in the world and we will have to elect a president of some sort and it will get boring.
The Free Democrats are not trying to end the Monarchy. If they were I would have left long ago.

And if, even if we wanted to, we would have done so during the 5 terms we were leading the Government prior to this one. It's much harder to change our constitution than just passing a law, just like in the USA.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"