[Cantzelerïă/Chancery] Citizens Who Have Lost Their Citizenship

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, July 02, 2024, 02:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

It is with regret that the Chancery announces the following citizens have not voted or responded to a census within the past two years and are deemed to have renounced:

Roibeardet dal Riesta
Tric'hard Carschaleir
C. Carlüs Xheraltescu
Ian Luïç del Cautéu Baptiçistà
Stéafan D 'Unmortadel
Alejo Fernández
Txec Ereufiglheu
Antonio Montaghna
Alexandreu Mitxeu Hårleu Furxheir

Secretár d'Estat/Secretary of State

List updated 7-02-24 at 4:23 PM, Pacific
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

C. M. Siervicül

Always sad to see, but a shorter list than last time at least.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Something I've noticed is that there are some people on the list who have NEVER voted, like, they've been citizens for years, and have thus fallen through the cracks of Three Strikes

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Flip Molinar

I know that I have been harping on this a lot since I have returned in the last few weeks, but why do we not just switch to a system of registered voters and non-registered voters or active voters and the inactive voters? That way we don't have to worry about people that we can't get a hold of when trying to send out the election ballots or the census papers. If someone wants to register to vote they can do that and they have to make sure that they're contact information is up to date.

After this change is made, if citizens don't respond to three consecutive censuses or if they fail to vote in three consecutive elections, they become inactive voters and would have to be registered to vote in the next closest election. They would also of course have to update their contact information so that a ballot or a census questionnaire could be sent to them.

For purposes of the census there could just be a category for these citizens where they would be labeled as inactive citizens. I think that all former citizens that have lost their citizenship but are not deceased as far as we know, should be reinstated with a blacklist for people that we know shouldn't be allowed to participate in the Civic or political life of the Kingdom. I think of King Robert the first and Iusti Canün as examples.

The practice of Blacklisting would have to be only as a result of a punishment following a conviction for a high crime by the uppermost Court for something like crimes against the dignity of a person or for crimes against the state itself.

I suggest all this because I feel that those citizens that have lost their citizenship and are currently ex-citizens should be reinstated immediately and whoever we need to add to the blacklist after they are reinstated as full citizens, we can but this should be done as an absolute last resort. In short, I just don't believe that anyone should lose their citizenship simply because they didn't participate in a certain aspects of the life of the country. Even when I have been away from the country for several years this time, I still feel the nation in my heart and I still live and promote the kingdom as a proud citizen.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

O.Be.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 02, 2024, 04:28:46 PMSomething I've noticed is that there are some people on the list who have NEVER voted, like, they've been citizens for years, and have thus fallen through the cracks of Three Strikes

I always list those I find on first review and then go back through the list of citizens to double check. I don't know which people you may be referring to, and it's possible there are errors in the database that I am unaware of.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Flip Molinar on July 02, 2024, 05:14:02 PMI know that I have been harping on this a lot since I have returned in the last few weeks, but why do we not just switch to a system of registered voters and non-registered voters or active voters and the inactive voters? That way we don't have to worry about people that we can't get a hold of when trying to send out the election ballots or the census papers. If someone wants to register to vote they can do that and they have to make sure that they're contact information is up to date.

After this change is made, if citizens don't respond to three consecutive censuses or if they fail to vote in three consecutive elections, they become inactive voters and would have to be registered to vote in the next closest election. They would also of course have to update their contact information so that a ballot or a census questionnaire could be sent to them.

For purposes of the census there could just be a category for these citizens where they would be labeled as inactive citizens. I think that all former citizens that have lost their citizenship but are not deceased as far as we know, should be reinstated with a blacklist for people that we know shouldn't be allowed to participate in the Civic or political life of the Kingdom. I think of King Robert the first and Iusti Canün as examples.

The practice of Blacklisting would have to be only as a result of a punishment following a conviction for a high crime by the uppermost Court for something like crimes against the dignity of a person or for crimes against the state itself.

I suggest all this because I feel that those citizens that have lost their citizenship and are currently ex-citizens should be reinstated immediately and whoever we need to add to the blacklist after they are reinstated as full citizens, we can but this should be done as an absolute last resort. In short, I just don't believe that anyone should lose their citizenship simply because they didn't participate in a certain aspects of the life of the country. Even when I have been away from the country for several years this time, I still feel the nation in my heart and I still live and promote the kingdom as a proud citizen.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

It's a new Cosa, get an MC or Senator to sponsor a bill. I must follow the law as written.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 02, 2024, 06:25:06 PMI always list those I find on first review and then go back through the list of citizens to double check. I don't know which people you may be referring to, and it's possible there are errors in the database that I am unaware of.

Oh, forgive me, I didn't see that those people were on your list above. They weren't in previous years, is my point.

"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

C. M. Siervicül

Quote from: Flip Molinar on July 02, 2024, 05:14:02 PMI know that I have been harping on this a lot since I have returned in the last few weeks, but why do we not just switch to a system of registered voters and non-registered voters or active voters and the inactive voters?
I'm torn about this. I agree with a lot of what you say. On the other hand we have a mechanism to remove inactive citizens from the official rolls in order to prevent the active citizens becoming a smaller and smaller proportion of the population we claim. We have had instances in the past where prospective citizens came away feeling like the country was a sham because we had 200+ people on the citizen list but only a handful of people posting on Witt. Also, we might never receive notice of a citizen's passing (not everyone has a published obituary), so our credibility might also be damaged in future years by having a citizen list full of centenarians who haven't been heard from in decades. 

Quote from: Flip Molinar on July 02, 2024, 05:14:02 PMa blacklist for people that we know shouldn't be allowed to participate in the Civic or political life of the Kingdom. I think of King Robert the first and Iusti Canün as examples.
It should be noted that neither of these examples has been (as far as I recall) been convicted of anything by a Talossan court.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Flip Molinar on July 02, 2024, 05:14:02 PMa blacklist for people that we know shouldn't be allowed to participate in the Civic or political life of the Kingdom. I think of King Robert the first and Iusti Canün as examples.

You might not have been here when it happened, but in 2019 Ben Madison tried to make a comeback. We heard his case, asked pointed questions which he didn't give any answers to, and told him he would have to win a Ziu vote, at which case he flounced off again.

I think that democratic safeguard is superior to any blacklist, except for condemned criminals (one of whom just lost his citizenship... and was my friend :( )

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 02, 2024, 02:11:33 PMIt is with regret that the Chancery announces the following citizens have not voted or responded to a census within the past two years and are deemed to have renounced:

Roibeardet dal Riesta
Tric'hard Carschaleir
C. Carlüs Xheraltescu
Ian Luïç del Cautéu Baptiçistà
Stéafan D 'Unmortadel
Alejo Fernández
Txec Ereufiglheu
Antonio Montaghna
Alexandreu Mitxeu Hårleu Furxheir

Secretár d'Estat/Secretary of State

List updated 7-02-24 at 4:23 PM, Pacific

Sad to CCX on there tho :,(
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Tierçéu Rôibeardescù on July 03, 2024, 02:38:15 PMSad to CCX on there tho :,(

Last time I spoke to him he told me he'd probably have to change his name to avoid the shame of his criminal conviction. I hope he redeems the rest of his life.

C. M. Siervicül

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 03, 2024, 03:42:20 PMLast time I spoke to him he told me he'd probably have to change his name
"Carlüs Xheraltescu" has a nice ring to it.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: C. M. Siervicül on July 03, 2024, 06:35:06 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 03, 2024, 03:42:20 PMLast time I spoke to him he told me he'd probably have to change his name
"Carlüs Xheraltescu" has a nice ring to it.

I don't like to make light of my friend's downfall, but: name 20 people in the world who could pronounce that

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 03, 2024, 03:42:20 PM
Quote from: Tierçéu Rôibeardescù on July 03, 2024, 02:38:15 PMSad to CCX on there tho :,(

Last time I spoke to him he told me he'd probably have to change his name to avoid the shame of his criminal conviction. I hope he redeems the rest of his life.
Oh shoot yeah I forgot about that
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre