[CRL] The Eternally Present (Din Memoriaziun da Ián Tamoran) Act

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, July 13, 2024, 04:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

QuoteThe basic solution should be: if you stop voting in elections and responding to censuses, you are no longer "deemed to renounce" but you go on an Inactive Citizens list. And a subset of that list whose deaths are confirmed will be "els Presints Eternalmint". We might start creating a list like that: Xhorxh Asmour, John Eiffler, even King Robert II Dobberpuhl.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Sir Lüc

The only thing that bothers me is that while "presente/presint" is a very touching concept, it has been appropriated by fascists in both Italy, which I was obviously already aware of, but also Spain, in the same exact form. (I do recognise that while the "presint" idea originated from a Spanish phrase, it was from an American website/organisation that had nothing to do with fascism.)

Perhaps a different title can be found? Maybe, as an example, some word akin to "dandelion" as a sort of "parallel metaphor"?
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB MC
Finance Minister / Ministreu dals Finançuns
Deputy Secretary of State / Distain Secretar d'Estat
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Sir Lüc on July 13, 2024, 06:01:54 PMPerhaps a different title can be found? Maybe, as an example, some word akin to "dandelion" as a sort of "parallel metaphor"?
To stay in botanics: Myosotis ? It's the French name of the flower called oblietz-me-non in Talossan, or forget-me-not in English

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Túischac'h dal 60:éă Cosă,
Duceu pareßel dal Aliançù Progreßïu

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Why not just use one of the terms suggested by the recently departed? Especially if this effort is intended, in part, to honor his memory.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 10, 2024, 04:19:35 PMBut wait – we already honour our citizens with marks of status, and labels of quality of achievement in this or that.  Why not also bestow upon a deceased citizen a formal title like "LDT" (Loyal Deceased Talossan) or "HIT" (Honoured In Talossa) – it's up to someone who knows our language in detail to produce the right term, the right letters.  And someone who is "HIT" (or whatever we choose) will no longer be obligated to respond to a census or vote at an election – that will not (cannot!) be counted against him or her.

I really like his suggestion for LDT or Loyal Deceased Talossan.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

BE IT ENACTED by the King, Cosă and Senäts assembled that

1. Organic Law X.5 is amended from:

QuoteAny citizen who neither votes in any general election nor responds to any national census established by law for a period of two years, as calculated at any Election Deadline, shall be deemed to have renounced his citizenship.

to:

QuoteAny citizen who neither votes in any general election nor responds to any national census established by law for a period of two years, as calculated at any Election Deadline, shall be deemed to have renounced his or her citizenship. This shall not apply to any Talossan confirmed by the Secretary of State to be deceased, who shall be honoured with the postnominal "TDB" (Talossan Din Biteternă, or in the English language, "Talossan in eternal life")

"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 17, 2024, 01:55:41 AM(Talossan Din Biteternă, or in the English language, "Talossan in eternal life")

That should be Bitaiternă, right?
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 17, 2024, 01:55:41 AMThis shall not apply to any Talossan confirmed by the Secretary of State to be deceased, who shall be honoured with the postnominal "TDB" (Talossan Din Biteternă, or in the English language, "Talossan in eternal life")

I am saying this just as something to consider but "Talossan in eternal life" seems a bit cultish and secular folks may not agree to a postnomial referring to "eternal life" to be honest. I really wish we'd just go with Honored in Talossa or Loyal Deceased Talossan like Ian proposed.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 17, 2024, 11:58:23 AMI really wish we'd just go with Honored in Talossa or Loyal Deceased Talossan like Ian proposed.

Quote from: Ian TamoranWhy not also bestow upon a deceased citizen a formal title like "LDT" (Loyal Deceased Talossan) or "HIT" (Honoured In Talossa) – it's up to someone who knows our language in detail to produce the right term, the right letters.
(emphasis added)

I just liked the sound of bitaiternă, but a rigorously secular alternative is efs ("eternity"). TDE, then. We could bicker forever about the title.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 17, 2024, 04:23:40 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 17, 2024, 11:58:23 AMI really wish we'd just go with Honored in Talossa or Loyal Deceased Talossan like Ian proposed.

Quote from: Ian TamoranWhy not also bestow upon a deceased citizen a formal title like "LDT" (Loyal Deceased Talossan) or "HIT" (Honoured In Talossa) – it's up to someone who knows our language in detail to produce the right term, the right letters.
(emphasis added)

I just liked the sound of bitaiternă, but a rigorously secular alternative is efs ("eternity"). TDE, then. We could bicker forever about the title.

Miestra, thank you. I like TDE too.

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 17, 2024, 04:23:40 PM

(emphasis added)

Strictly speaking do we need to include the title in the amendment? We could have something as simple as:

QuoteAny citizen who neither votes in any general election nor responds to any national census established by law for a period of two years, as calculated at any Election Deadline, shall be deemed to have renounced his or her citizenship. This shall not apply to any Talossan confirmed by the Secretary of State to be deceased. 

Or:

QuoteAny citizen who neither votes in any general election nor responds to any national census established by law for a period of two years, as calculated at any Election Deadline, shall be deemed to have renounced his or her citizenship. This shall not apply to any Talossan confirmed by the Secretary of State to be deceased, such person's rights, entitlements , title and/or status may be regulated by law. 

The first option we leave out the honoured title of our deceased and leave it to be informally decided amongst ourselves, and the second option opens the door to having the honoured title along with other administrative stuff, such a removal from mailing/election lists/stuff the SoS needs legal authority to do etc... placed in El Lex. 

That being said, I fully support this amendment (I'm not too hung up on the title) and commend our PM, Miestra, for getting this started. 
Litz Cjantscheir LLB, LLM
Senior Justice/Judge of the Cort Pü Inalt

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 17, 2024, 06:52:18 PMI just liked the sound of bitaiternă, but a rigorously secular alternative is efs ("eternity"). TDE, then. We could bicker forever about the title.

Sounds like we have a winner with TDE then.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 18, 2024, 10:34:48 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 17, 2024, 06:52:18 PMI just liked the sound of bitaiternă, but a rigorously secular alternative is efs ("eternity"). TDE, then. We could bicker forever about the title.

Sounds like we have a winner with TDE then.

@Miestră Schivă, UrN I would love to be a co-sponsor on this, if allowed.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Miestră Schivă, UrN Co-sponsor?

Might be a good symbolic gesture to have all parties sponsor this legislation.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 19, 2024, 04:41:17 PM@Miestră Schivă, UrN Co-sponsor?

Sorry I missed this. The Distáin/leader of the COFFEE Party asked previously, so of course you can both go on, and it would be great to get 7 out of 7.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 19, 2024, 09:37:20 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 19, 2024, 04:41:17 PM@Miestră Schivă, UrN Co-sponsor?

Sorry I missed this. The Distáin/leader of the COFFEE Party asked previously, so of course you can both go on, and it would be great to get 7 out of 7.

Thank you Miestra.
@Mic'haglh Autófil, SMC EiP
@Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN
@Munditenens Tresplet