[CULTURE] Royal Society for the Advancement of Knowledge

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, July 15, 2024, 01:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

¡Estimat.dăs citaxhiens!

As my first job in my new term as Minister of Culture, I must deal with the Royal Society for the Advancement of Knowledge, and its Presidency, which is sadly now vacant since the "promotion to glory" of our beloved Ian Tamorán.

Under El Lexhatx C.2 and C.3, it is up to me to make a recommendation to the King as to a new President of the Royal Society. Applications are now open.

Reminding everyone as to what this role entails, El Lexhatx C.1.6:

Quote1.6     The Royal Society for the Advancement of Knowledge, headed by the President of the Royal Society. The function of the Royal Society is to conduct and promote research and academic study in all areas of human endeavour.

1.6.1. Schools may be created within the Society for the purpose of focusing on a specific subject. The exact procedure for establishing a school shall be chosen by the President, who shall also appoint a dean to supervise each school.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Sir Lüc

May I plead that any applicant be serious in restoring the Royal Society to its former glory, such as by reviewing membership rolls, revoking the ridiculous postnominals motion and exploring the possibility of offering courses - any kind of courses! - again?

I would be offering this comment as a member of the Royal Society, except all my membership enquiries over the years went unanswered - which is ironic considering academic research is currently my real life job.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB MC
Finance Minister / Ministreu dals Finançuns
Deputy Secretary of State / Distain Secretar d'Estat
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Sir Lüc on July 15, 2024, 07:04:25 AMMay I plead that any applicant be serious in restoring the Royal Society to its former glory, such as by reviewing membership rolls, revoking the ridiculous postnominals motion and exploring the possibility of offering courses - any kind of courses! - again?

I would be offering this comment as a member of the Royal Society, except all my membership enquiries over the years went unanswered - which is ironic considering academic research is currently my real life job.

Maybe you should apply then.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

These kind of big offices without political connections or implications are tailor made for apolitical Talossans who might like to get involved more but struggle to *find something to do*. I would strongly prefer the new President of the Royal Society was one such scientifically-minded Talossan. If no such candidate existed, I would consider applying.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB MC
Finance Minister / Ministreu dals Finançuns
Deputy Secretary of State / Distain Secretar d'Estat
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team