[Chancery] Rules and Registrations August (July) 2020 GE

Started by Glüc da Dhi S.H., July 08, 2020, 06:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

I indicated my interest in the Cézembre forum to stand for election as Senator.  I have not seen any indication of objection in that forum to having the Chancery conduct the election, and was advised to also post my interest in this thread.

X. Pol Briga

Ián Tamorán S.H.

I have verified that I *did* send a message of application five days ago. I can display a verifying screenshot if required.
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Getting worried that there might be a bit of an unfairness in the system in that parties can use (and are using) the electoral database to advertise their senate candidates, but senators not affiliated with a party do not have access to the same resources.

Perhaps the law (and the privacy settings in the database) should be changed to allow senate candidates access to the electoral database.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on July 16, 2020, 04:47:16 PM
Perhaps the law (and the privacy settings in the database) should be changed to allow senate candidates access to the electoral database.

I agree with this proposal, if you draft a bill in the Hopper I'll help

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

This reminds me that we'll have to update the Talossan text on the ballot (not that anyone cares it anyway, but just for completeness's sake). Maybe next time.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Getting worried that there might be a bit of an unfairness in the system in that parties can use (and are using) the electoral database to advertise their senate candidates, but senators not affiliated with a party do not have access to the same resources.

Especially, since the present Government of Talossa wants to fleece individual Senate candidates to the tune of half the party registration fees for the Cosa.
Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on August 01, 2020, 09:31:27 AM

Especially, since the present Government of Talossa wants to fleece individual Senate candidates to the tune of half the party registration fees for the Cosa.
If you feel this is a fleecing, I wonder how bad you're going to take it when we introduce the mandatory Witt membership fee next term.  Plus the 2% mandatory tax for citizens who earn more than $10,000 (USD) per annum to start our welfare programme for retired old growthers.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on August 01, 2020, 10:28:36 AM
I wonder how bad you're going to take it when we introduce the mandatory Witt membership fee next term.  Plus the 2% mandatory tax for citizens who earn more than $10,000 (USD) per annum to start our welfare programme for retired old growthers.

SILENCE, YOU FOOL! Don't spill our wicked plan until we already did it 35 minutes ago!

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Açafat del Val

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on August 01, 2020, 10:28:36 AM
Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on August 01, 2020, 09:31:27 AM

If you feel this is a fleecing, I wonder how bad you're going to take it when we introduce the mandatory Witt membership fee next term.  Plus the 2% mandatory tax for citizens who earn more than $10,000 (USD) per annum to start our welfare programme for retired old growthers.

Just wait till he hears about the Ministry of Justice's new initiative: defendants in lawsuits or criminal prosecutions will have to pay $10 USD just for the privilege to be heard in Cort.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms